By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Ryuu96 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Hi fi rush was they already have a built like 90% done for ps5, sea of thieves will probably flop, i cant see ps fanbase liking it. Microsoft going third party is probably a reality no far away.

What makes the Xbox and PC community different to the PS community? Lol. Not sure why you think Sea of Thieves will flop when it has been very successful on both Xbox and PC and highly rated in recent times. Unless PlayStation gamers hate multiplayer titles, Lol. I mean, there's still nothing out there like Sea of Thieves, some will hate it, some will like it, but I don't think it even has a direct competitor in the way some other games do, I could see it doing millions on PlayStation easily.

Yeah agreed. I think these games will be given a wider audience. If this is the strategy that MS believes in, then so be it.

Personally, none of the listed games are getting my interest, but if any were to hit PS+ Is consider it. Or be F2P.

Around the Network

To some extent, I am curious how much value there is in permanent exclusivity. 

Sony's pushing PC on the basis of added sales + reduced importance in exclusivity past 2 years. 

As for MS, Gamepass kind of is it's own exclusive. It feels reasonable to me to offer Starfield for $70 to PlayStation owners and "free" (with a subscription) to Xbox owners.  

So I am rather curious if someday, there's a weird situation where Starfield comes to PS after 2-4 years, and God of War comes to Xbox after 2-4 years. They would absolutely lose out on a few console sales from a few patient gamers, but I would be curious if it ended up being a positive overall due to higher game sales. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Hi fi rush was they already have a built like 90% done for ps5, sea of thieves will probably flop, i cant see ps fanbase liking it. Microsoft going third party is probably a reality no far away.

Sea of Thieves started off pretty rough, but it's gotten a ton of updates, and it seems to be pretty well loved now.

I don't see any reason why it would be disliked by PS fans. 

the-pi-guy said:

So I am rather curious if someday, there's a weird situation where Starfield comes to PS after 2-4 years, and God of War comes to Xbox after 2-4 years. They would absolutely lose out on a few console sales from a few patient gamers, but I would be curious if it ended up being a positive overall due to higher game sales. 

I can't imagine Sony doing that. I feel like part of the reason Microsoft is considering these ports is because of lagging Xbox Series console sales and GamePass growth not hitting internal projections. 

I wonder what the chances are that Microsoft ports Halo Infinite to PlayStation.

It's definitely a staple to the Xbox platform, but a potential PlayStation port can catapult Halo to heights it hasn't reached since the seventh generation, perhaps even higher.

I dont see big IP SP games (Halo, God of War, etc) going across platforms - closest is to Steam/PC.

GaaS, MP oriented, etc for sure.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

I can't imagine Sony doing that. I feel like part of the reason Microsoft is considering these ports is because of lagging Xbox Series console sales and GamePass growth not hitting internal projections. 

For sure on the MS part.

I don't believe in saying never, but I do think it is extremely unlikely that Sony will any time soon. 

Announced at CES, PSN has reached a new MAU record.

123m MAU's in December 2023, compared to 112m they had in December 2022.

From CES as well. A new Patapon game seemingly in development.

Zippy6 said:

Nice. Not sure how an anime would work with that IP lol. Still interested in a proper sequel.. loved the games on PSP.

hinch said:
Zippy6 said:

Nice. Not sure how an anime would work with that IP lol. Still interested in a proper sequel.. loved the games on PSP.

The part of the presentation it was in was talking about torchlight which is a production facility doing various things for Sony. In the Patapon footage a button prompt can be briefly seen suggesting a game not an anime. There's the possibility this is just concept footage and not a real game in development but we'll see. Clearly Sony still interested in the IP.

https://youtu.be/VHFlBQVZ7HA?si=VQYC1rQT6gcU9frw

Last edited by Zippy6 - on 09 January 2024