By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

PotentHerbs said:

The first half of the year is well documented for the PlayStation 5, but the latter half is shaping up nicely with Concord, Silent Hill 2, Foamstars, and Stellar Blade confirmed but without a release date.

I'm hoping Concord is a high quality release even if it doesn't reach/attract the larger multiplayer audience. A lot will be riding on it this year, fair or not, but I think it can stand out if its a traditional FPS with campaign, co - op and PVP modes. 

That was confirmed when it was announced as a PVP only FPS game. Probably a big reason why it’ll be on console and PC at launch. 

They’ll definitely have to try to carve out their own niche considering pretty much all FPS categories are filled with their own main live service games. 

Around the Network

I wish they would make a new Uncharted game.

Feels like we had too many Last of US games and there are only technically two in the series lol.

G2ThaUNiT said:

That was confirmed when it was announced as a PVP only FPS game. Probably a big reason why it’ll be on console and PC at launch. 

They’ll definitely have to try to carve out their own niche considering pretty much all FPS categories are filled with their own main live service games. 

While Concord is a PVP game, there is quite a bit of emphasis on creating memories and connections with players, which leads me to believe there will be some form of campaign co - op. 

That wouldn't change my interest in the game, but to the larger PlayStation audience, it may generate a bit more interest. It would definitely benefit with a beta test for PlayStation Plus members lol.

PotentHerbs said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

While Concord is a PVP game, there is quite a bit of emphasis on creating memories and connections with players, which leads me to believe there will be some form of campaign co - op. 

That wouldn't change my interest in the game, but to the larger PlayStation audience, it may generate a bit more interest. It would definitely benefit with a beta test for PlayStation Plus members lol.

It could be the aesthetics or interwoven stories that occur throughout a season, which is something that happens with many live service games to players more invested than purely just on gameplay.

Could entirely be possible though. One of the bright sides of live service is games adding entirely different modes that were never in the game to begin with. We should be finding here relatively soon since Concord is confirmed for this year. 

BasilZero said:

Feels like we had too many Last of US games and there are only technically two in the series lol.

I'm ok with ND moving away from UC as long as whoever takes over can continue providing the same experience. But I honestly hope that co-op and platforming are the focus areas for the next game.

Story Co-op seems like such an obvious addition to the franchise (considering there have been co-op options since UC2). The narrative flow of UC works on dynamics between characters, so it makes sense to add.

Platforming I think needs more attention now. With accessibility options in Sony games being as exceptional as they are, streamlined platforming (like in previous games) can very easily be added to that list. It would be great to have climbing feel like you are doing more than just pushing in the general direction. and it would be great if jumping to other platforms etc, didn't have some auto-connect feature: aka, make it feel like it has real platformer depth to it. I think that would go a long way in not only making climbing feel more dynamic, but actual moment-to-moment exploration and combat would feel better too because movement would be all-round improved.

Around the Network
twintail said:
BasilZero said:

I'm ok with ND moving away from UC as long as whoever takes over can continue providing the same experience. But I honestly hope that co-op and platforming are the focus areas for the next game.

Story Co-op seems like such an obvious addition to the franchise (considering there have been co-op options since UC2). The narrative flow of UC works on dynamics between characters, so it makes sense to add.

Platforming I think needs more attention now. With accessibility options in Sony games being as exceptional as they are, streamlined platforming (like in previous games) can very easily be added to that list. It would be great to have climbing feel like you are doing more than just pushing in the general direction. and it would be great if jumping to other platforms etc, didn't have some auto-connect feature: aka, make it feel like it has real platformer depth to it. I think that would go a long way in not only making climbing feel more dynamic, but actual moment-to-moment exploration and combat would feel better too because movement would be all-round improved.

For me Nate's story is told, so no need for an UC sequel, but yes I would like a similar type of game so they could make "spiritual successor" within the same dev.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

There's rumors of Microsoft porting Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi Rush to PlayStation and Switch.

I don't know what to expect going forward. Not interested in these games, but I do wonder how extensive Microsoft is going to be in terms of porting. I feel like an inevitable Sunset Overdrive port is a lot more likely though.

PotentHerbs said:

There's rumors of Microsoft porting Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi Rush to PlayStation and Switch.

I don't know what to expect going forward. Not interested in these games, but I do wonder how extensive Microsoft is going to be in terms of porting. I feel like an inevitable Sunset Overdrive port is a lot more likely though.

Not sure where you heard Sea of Thieves, but Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment I've definitely heard of potentially being ported. Both great games though!

Microsoft historically has ported several of their AA games. Both Ori titles, soon to be As Dusk Falls next month, The Bard's Tale Remastered as several notable examples. 

EDIT: Oh, I see Jeff Grubb mentioning Sea of Thieves! That would be interesting. It's definitely Rare's biggest game ever and Microsoft's arguably best current live service. I can see them expanding a userbase through their biggest live service. 

PotentHerbs said:

I wouldn't be surprise. Me neither I'm not interested to these titles so I didn't take it on PC.

PotentHerbs said:

There are even rumors for Starfield

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."