By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

haxxiy said:

I'm so looking forward to FFVII Rebirth but at the same time I'm so afraid they'll shit the bed with the convoluted story nonsense.

At the end of the first game, we were supposedly free of fate, and things were going to widely diverge as the original game was literally remade, but now it's "nope lol the trilogy still ends exactly the same and leads to Advent Children!"

I honestly don't see how that can be the case without severe leaps of logic. Sephiroth has no reason to try to kill Aerith, for one. Two of the Avalanche trio are still alive but they have to die too. And who the fuck knows what will happen with Zack.

*FF7/FF7R SPOILER ALERT*

I really don't think they know what they're doing lol. They (Kitase wasn't it?) pretty much said the writer (Nojima?) will progress with the story depending on the players' reception of Rebirth's ending.

Plot-wise, it should have been a faithful Remake with just more side content, fleshed out characters, interactions, and backstories, but no fate altering bs. I'm afraid every motherfucker including Sephiroth and Jenova are gonna have their happy or heroic/redeeming endings. Not to mention video game history's most iconic death won't happen, be very prepared for Zack ruining it with the power of love. I can see him taking "our Aerith" with him to his dimension where "the other Aerith" died. Bleh.

Also... am I the only one here annoyed by the spoilers and the amount of stuff they're showing in trailers/screenshots? I swear this game will end up being the most "it's complicated" relationship in my gaming life.

Did they confirm it'll lead to Advent Children?

Around the Network

Just jumping in here. I missed the God of War sales milestone. If I saw it I would have written about it. I'll get working on it and have an article up soon.

Edit: Article is up. Apologies for missing the announcement.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459349/god-of-war-ragnarok-tops-15-million-units-sold/

Last edited by trunkswd - on 10 December 2023

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Kyuu said:

*FF7/FF7R SPOILER ALERT*

I really don't think they know what they're doing lol. They (Kitase wasn't it?) pretty much said the writer (Nojima?) will progress with the story depending on the players' reception of Rebirth's ending.

Plot-wise, it should have been a faithful Remake with just more side content, fleshed out characters, interactions, and backstories, but no fate altering bs. I'm afraid every motherfucker including Sephiroth and Jenova are gonna have their happy or heroic/redeeming endings. Not to mention video game history's most iconic death won't happen, be very prepared for Zack ruining it with the power of love. I can see him taking "our Aerith" with him to his dimension where "the other Aerith" died. Bleh.

Also... am I the only one here annoyed by the spoilers and the amount of stuff they're showing in trailers/screenshots? I swear this game will end up being the most "it's complicated" relationship in my gaming life.

They 100% have a sketch of the storyline from the get-go, I feel it being subject to change doesn't alter that much.

The thing is that faithful remakes are boring to developers, especially if most were part of the original game, that's why the whole altered timeline thing came to fruition. Honestly, it's a pretty interesting idea, but it could have been better than fate ghosts and a Kingdom Hearts-esque ending.

I've seen the "Aerith will replace Spaerith" theory around and honestly that is just bad. Not only that makes Aerith forcefully take over Spaerith's place (who is an actual other person in a coma or the lifestream) but also tosses her into a reality where Tifa, Barret, Wedge, etc. are dead and Cloud is a vegetable just to stay with an alternate version of a teenage crush/fling (not an actual boyfriend, see the Japanese script).

As for the last question, yeah, that is what the developers said, though it might have been mistranslated/misinterpreted.

Damn, so impressed with God of War Ragnarok's sales.

I still need to play the first one and then Ragnarok.

BasilZero said:

Damn, so impressed with God of War Ragnarok's sales.

I still need to play the first one and then Ragnarok.

First God of War is in my top 10 favorite games of all time. I am looking forward to playing Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2 once they get released on PC. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

First God of War is in my top 10 favorite games of all time. I am looking forward to playing Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2 once they get released on PC. 

I'll double dip and play them in the future on PC.

But I have all the games on PS5 , its in my list to play - just gotta play some other stuff before I get to it (like FFVII Remake Intergrade lol)

BasilZero said:
trunkswd said:

I'll double dip and play them in the future on PC.

But I have all the games on PS5 , its in my list to play - just gotta play some other stuff before I get to it (like FFVII Remake Intergrade lol)

I'm mainly a PC gamer, minus Nintendo. So I tend to wait for games to come to PC before playing them. 

Kyuu said:
haxxiy said:

I'm so looking forward to FFVII Rebirth but at the same time I'm so afraid they'll shit the bed with the convoluted story nonsense.

At the end of the first game, we were supposedly free of fate, and things were going to widely diverge as the original game was literally remade, but now it's "nope lol the trilogy still ends exactly the same and leads to Advent Children!"

I honestly don't see how that can be the case without severe leaps of logic. Sephiroth has no reason to try to kill Aerith, for one. Two of the Avalanche trio are still alive but they have to die too. And who the fuck knows what will happen with Zack.

*FF7/FF7R SPOILER ALERT*

Nomura just fucking sucks. Wrote or not but if he directs it and has any influence. It's a bunch of nonsense and bullshit. These games really just should have been story wise should be the same. Even if they stretch it out some with character padding like they did with Aerith in FF7Remake. No, he has to change it so Avalanche is less at fault and make everything less sad and inject KH trash. I live for the day Nomura leaves SE.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If I'm not mistaken, based on the interviews on the behind-the-scenes stuff, Nomura is the centrist this time around. It's Kitase who's going nuts.

Then get rid of all of them. FFXVI could not write a good female character to save their lives. Just evil for the sake of it or damsel. Pathetic. Really just should have the people who do Octopath to make a big-budget turn-based FF. Balder Gate just shat all over SE's face saying a turn-based RPG can win the GOTY. OPII is well written. Fun battle system. Best game SE put out this year aside from SMRPG

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!