By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

-Adonis- said:

PS5 Slim + FF XVI bought.

Enjoy. Great way to get acclimated to current gen! 

Around the Network

I will say I didn't expect to enjoy Crisis Core and Stranger in Paradise, but I liked it a whole lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I will say I didn't expect to enjoy Crisis Core and Stranger in Paradise, but I liked it a whole lot.

Paradise is awesome! Warmed up to Crisis Core completting it a second time earlier this year. Genesis is still the worst character in FF history. THA GODDESSSSS! (Btw I should play that game with Japanese dub since Gackt voices him lol)

I think SoP's combat is better than the 16's. I wanted to love 16's combat going in with the DMC combat director but it's so watered down. So simple it felt hollow. It lost me the second I could kill fire enemies with fire magic. So no RPG logic applies anymore. 16 boss fights done by Platinum Games are the best things about FF16. While I enjoyed it while playing. It dragged in the second half and a few months later I keep forgetting the game even came out. Not a very memorable game as I don't remember much plot outside of badly written slavery themes which Xenoblade 3 did much better and FF16 writing is about on par with Tales of Arise. Not a high bar to be on. Then again Arise treats women better lol

Last edited by Leynos - on 25 November 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I like Genesis ^^

--------------------------------

I buy games physically now so I can give them to my brother and his son once I finished them.

Bought and pre-ordered :

Thats a lot of jrpgs xD

Around the Network

Anyone playing persona tactica? I'm loving it but haven't found anyway else giving it a go.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Anyone playing persona tactica? I'm loving it but haven't found anyway else giving it a go.

I'll play it, one of my friends is a persona maniac so he will most likely try it very soon.

Leynos said:
DonFerrari said:

Paradise is awesome! Warmed up to Crisis Core completting it a second time earlier this year. Genesis is still the worst character in FF history. THA GODDESSSSS! (Btw I should play that game with Japanese dub since Gackt voices him lol)

I think SoP's combat is better than the 16's. I wanted to love 16's combat going in with the DMC combat director but it's so watered down. So simple it felt hollow. It lost me the second I could kill fire enemies with fire magic. So no RPG logic applies anymore. 16 boss fights done by Platinum Games are the best things about FF16. While I enjoyed it while playing. It dragged in the second half and a few months later I keep forgetting the game even came out. Not a very memorable game as I don't remember much plot outside of badly written slavery themes which Xenoblade 3 did much better and FF16 writing is about on par with Tales of Arise. Not a high bar to be on. Then again Arise treats women better lol

Can't disagree with you. I did like FF16 a lot but I can recognize its shortcoming in mob fights and elemental resistance/affinities.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Chrkeller said:

Soon.  Gotta wrap up Spider-man and then do Alan wake 2.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Received FF16... waiting the PS5 Slim now

Was finishing up the final season of Clone Warsaw and the Bad Batch arc made me hope that Arrowhead can use a slightly adjusted version of their Helldivers 2 game engine and make a Bad Batch/ Clones co-op game narrative game.

Oh and I got 2 years of PSN essential with pricing pre-hike. So, I'm good for a while.