By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation VR2 Unboxing!

This is definitely the most graceful, smoothest PSVR2 unboxing you'll ever see. Much graceful, so unboxed.

No written version... I mean, how can anyone write about unboxing something lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

What we all want to know, will your hat stay on while wearing the headset ;)

I don't get how people had the headset fall out while holding the outer sleeve upside down. The inner box on mine was taped shut and it was wasn't that difficult to slide the thing out sideways (push on the bottom.... kindergarten physics :p) I turned the inner box around so the lids both open the same way, easy storage place for the headset!

SvennoJ said:

What we all want to know, will your hat stay on while wearing the headset ;)

I don't get how people had the headset fall out while holding the outer sleeve upside down. The inner box on mine was taped shut and it was wasn't that difficult to slide the thing out sideways (push on the bottom.... kindergarten physics :p) I turned the inner box around so the lids both open the same way, easy storage place for the headset!

Having learned from the attempt to place the hat on my head with the PSVR all those years ago, the answer is already "no" lol

You're oversimplifying something that, ironically, is less of a "problem" and more of a poor boxing design.  After the stream, since the box was already empty, I just turned it over and pushed it down and out with my thumbs until it slid the rest of the way lol... It's not a matter of difficulty (you really think people couldn't get to the thing they paid $600 for? hahaha), it's just that the outside box CLINGS to the inside one because of suction, AND that the inside box is (probably mistakenly?) oriented to open in the OPPOSITE direction of the outside box flap, AND is a LID instead of an actual closing top (so I imagine that the person who had it fall out likely had the little seal sticker come loose).  When looked at from a purely logic standpoint, there are absolutely some oddities in it that can't simply be brushed off as cost-cutting.  Like you, I also reversed the inside box when placing it back in so the lid opens the same direction as the outside box.  Logical, right?

I can only imagine someone in logistics messed something up along the way on that: it's very odd to have an inside box open in the opposing direction of the outside box as it is.  And I've SEEN these boxing errors happen before when something gets oriented differently than intended, or when poor box design decisions are made (referring to in general).

^^/

Doesn't look like any strap on I have ever seen although I have taken note of your thick and lengthy comments.
In your reply to @SvennoJ about having learned your lesson when it comes to wearing a hat under the headset, I noticed there was no mention about wearing a hat overtop of the headset so following on from that have you measured the outer of the headset for hat size?

Last edited by mjk45 - on 04 March 2023

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Probably need a bigger hat as i have to extend my headphones further out to make them fit.

As for the box, I haven't stored the PSVR2 once yet :) When my coffee is finished, back into RE8!

Around the Network
mjk45 said:

Doesn't look like any strap on I have ever seen although I have taken note of your thick and lengthy comments.
In your reply to @SvennoJ about having learned your lesson when it comes to wearing a hat under the headset, I noticed there was no mention about wearing a hat overtop of the headset so following on from that have you measured the outer of the headset for hat size?

It would just sit on top lol

SvennoJ said:

Probably need a bigger hat as i have to extend my headphones further out to make them fit.

As for the box, I haven't stored the PSVR2 once yet :) When my coffee is finished, back into RE8!

Yea, I tried my Pulse headphones, and the fitment is terrible as I not only have to pull the headphones down as hard as I can to even get it over my ears (though it still squishes the bottom of my ears), but then that puts pressure and pushes the headset down.  It's overall just not working, and I'm sad about that since they said it would.  The clearances just aren't enough, and I'm not about to buy a headset JUST for PSVR2 haha

^^/