By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good Lord.

Around the Network

Harris energy is so refreshing compared to Biden (and Trump) and Democrats are dominating the news cycles (in good ways for once) from Biden finally dropping out (which most wanted) to the immediate unity showing of Democrats all backing Harris, a few days later the Obama endorsement comes, breaking fundraising records, then the VP announcement (and she has her pick of genuinely great VPs) and then the DNC and I love how active she already is on the campaign trail and how "aggressive" she is combating Trump, from Project 2025 to Roe v Wade to Prosecutor vs Felon stuff. Then taking back Republicans favourite word "freedom" and the brilliant "we're not going back" slogan and Republicans are still trying to figure out an attack angle which doesn't make them look like racists or sexists.

Fuck Off. Twat.

sundin13 said:

Do we think the Vance issues are making it out of the internet and into real life? It can be hard for me to judge what is real and what is just happening on Twitter sometimes (although I think I'd die laughing if my mom asked me to explain the couch fucking).

Its hard to ignore social media unless you are old.  Personally, I really do not think the VP pick really makes a huge difference to the voting public but a very bad one could probably swing a certain percentage but I doubt its very large.

Around the Network

I'd be shocked if it isn't Kelly at this point.

It just has to be Kelly at this point, like all signs are hinting towards it, media is jerking him off, Democrats reportedly want him (privately), GOP are (reportedly) the most afraid of him. He checks all the boxes, he provides defence against all of Harris "weak" points where Republicans will attack her, he has the image, Americans will love him, call him a hero, just for the fact of being both a veteran and astronaut.

And he's going to make JD Vance look like a fucking dweeb straight out of high school.

Scott Kelly, Mark Kelly's twin brother, should run for Arizona Senate if Mark Kelly becomes VP

Ryuu96 said:

Good Lord.

Ultra processed snacks are the energy of the Republican presidential campaign? Is that really a message you want to push out?    We've had Kavanaugh's beer, Trump's hamburgers, Biden's ice cream and now JD's diet Mt Dew.

Ryuu96 said:

C'mon Tim, tell us how you really feel.  

Chrkeller said:

If Trump is remotely strategic, he will dump Vance today.

We can already answer that question given he selected Vance in the first place.  That said, we're not certain of the legal situation now that the actual convention has convened as I don't think that's ever happened before. I personally have no issue with a candidate dropping their running mate.  But we haven't had this volley of memes for a VP since the say of Biden as VP so I'd prefer he sit on a couch and stick around.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

As Microsoft faces intensifying federal scrutiny, one of the company’s billionaire Democratic donors is now pressuring the party’s presumptive presidential nominee Kamala Harris to fire the government’s top antitrust regulator. The consumer watchdog has been actively scrutinizing Big Tech and fighting mergers — including one between Microsoft and an AI giant the donor cofounded.

If Harris follows through with the request as president and fires Federal Trade Commission (FTC) chair Lina Khan, the move would run counter to polling from 2022 that highlights 44 percent of Americans want more regulations for Big Tech companies and other monopolies.

Harris has not yet detailed her plans for antitrust enforcement or consumer protection, and her record as California attorney general is mixed on reining in anticompetitive business practices.

On Wednesday, the New York Times reported that while Harris “remains a bit of an enigma in the business world,” one of her donors said she had privately “expressed skepticism of Ms Khan’s expansive view of antitrust powers.”

The same day, Reid Hoffman, the billionaire LinkedIn founder and powerful venture capitalist, appeared on CNN to praise Harris’s record on business and told the network that Khan should be fired. Harris is reportedly planning a Silicon Valley fundraising drive alongside Hoffman in coming months.

Hoffman sits on the board of Microsoft after selling LinkedIn to the company in 2016 for more than $26 billion, then the largest acquisition in company history. Microsoft is currently facing scrutiny from Khan’s FTC for acquiring Inflection AI, a company that Hoffman cofounded in 2022 while sitting on Microsoft’s board. Hoffman’s venture capital firm Greylock invested $225 million in Inflection AI.

Hoffman has given millions to Democratic interests this campaign cycle, including a $6 million donation in March to Future Forward, a super PAC that was supporting President Joe Biden’s presidential bid and has now pivoted to funding Harris.

Before Biden announced he was dropping out of the presidential election, Hoffman donated directly to the Biden-Harris campaign’s war chest, with the most recent — and largest — donation of $923,000 coming in January, for a total of $1.7 million.

“I’d already maxed out to Biden-Harris,” Hoffman said in the CNN interview.

During his CNN appearance, Hoffman talked up Harris’s business credentials, saying “Vice President Harris is much more of the pro-business candidate than Trump and Vance,” and said Khan was “waging war on American business.”

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) called Hoffman’s comments on Khan “not acceptable,” arguing again for the overturn of the Supreme Court’s 2010 decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, which drastically increased the scope of big money in politics. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), who has called for breaking up Big Tech companies, also issued a statement supporting Khan.

Looks like Microsoft's feeling are still hurt from the FTC going after the Activision purchase. I'm all in on Harris, but I hate these big companies thinking they can buy whatever they want with their influence and donations.