By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you enjoy Cinematic games?

What's the best The Dark Pictures Anthology game (so far)?

Man of Medan 1 25.00%

Little Hope 0 0%

House of Ashes 2 50.00%

The Devil in Me 1 25.00%

Total:4

I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Until Dawn. Cant say those types of games are amongst my favorites tho.

Around the Network

Not really. Has to be either totally engaging characters, story, world building (which I find extremely rare in games esp modern ones), awesome themes that I love (like the Viking motifs of AC Valhalla), or comedic (like South Park, Conker's or High on Life). But 95 times out of 100 it's just boring and slows down the game to me. I want lots of freedom in my games and generally lots of action. Let me make my own story and carve my own path, with maybe a skeleton of a backstory/world building. If I want to watch a movie (which I do also enjoy), I find actually watching a movie is a far better medium for that.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Not so much these days, no. Back in the '90s when it was a really novel concept, I was all over it,it was all,"Holy crap it's like I'm playing a movie!" But nowadays, I'm sick of cinematics in games, and just wanna play.