By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DroidKnight said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'll try get a template up today but for those who don't use that template anyway they can start today.

Sorry I'm a newb.  How does the picture template work.  When I try to use it it acts like it's just one picture and I really don't know what i'm doing.

What I do is find an image I like, resize it to 180x180 (that is the size of the squares) and then add it in as a layer (on an image editor like Pixlr or Photopea) then zoom in and slot it into the square using the arrow keys, Lol. Then I just add some text over the image (usually give it a black outline to make it standout/easier to read) and merge it all down as one image.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

What I do is find an image I like, resize it to 180x180 (that is the size of the squares) and then add it in as a layer (on an image editor like Pixlr or Photopea) then zoom in and slot it into the square using the arrow keys, Lol. Then I just add some text over the image (usually give it a black outline to make it standout/easier to read) and merge it all down as one image.

Ah, I see.  So some kind of sorcery.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Ryuu96 said:

You can do what I did where you do a Rich Text Reply then you click on Table, and do 5x5 squares. Then just fill in each of the blanks. This would need to be done on a computer though lol. I don't think you can do it on mobile.

DroidKnight said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'll show an example using Pixlr but those fuckers put 3 saves only per day so you'd have to be careful, I've never used Photopea before and don't have Photoshop.

Open Main Image

Open Another Image You Want and Resize 180x180.

Highlight Copy/Paste Over to Other Layer Image

Paste It In.

Re-Position It.

Add Text

That's all there is to it, it's tedious but easy once you get the hang of it, or you can just use a plain table, I just like doing mine up and putting dumb images in, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 May 2023

I should say for the image, resize it through scale first then if there is anything left I.E. My image I resized down to 180 in height but it was still something like 196 in width so then you resize the rest through "size" with the centre as the anchor and untick lock proportions, which basically just crops the rest of the width down to 180.

I'm an amateur at this stuff though so there's probably better ways to do it but I've been doing it this way for years, Lol.

Around the Network
Avowed Trailer (could be gameplay or perhaps vertical slice)Battletoads sequelMore from Lies of PDragon's Dogma 2A more expansive Exoprimal trailer/info dump ahead of its upcoming release
Something involving The Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth UniverseHellblade II trailer with a firm release date (I predict this coming Holiday)Minecraft Legends DLC/Expansion NewsCompulsion's New IP AnnouncementMore Sea of Thieves!
Stoic's new exclusive title in developmentNew game from id Software shown off

Free Space

(Phil Spencer Wishes Machiavellian a Happy Birthday!) 

Contraband Trailer with 2024 Release WindowARA: History Untold trailer/info drop
Perfect Dark NewsGeneral sizzle reel of upcoming Game Pass releasesAge of Empires IV arriving to consoleNext Halo Infinite update trailerA Game Pass title shadow-dropped during the event
Final Fantasy 14 Coming to Xbox SeriesAcquisition of new studio(s)State of Decay 3 TrailerThe return of Banjo & Kazooie in some form (remasters, remakes, Threeie, etc.)Forza Motorsport trailer & firm release date (with many gfx & the best tesselemetric tire physics)

Semi-Retirement - YouTube

Tim Cain's Semi Retirement.

• He says he hasn't been an Obsidian employee since June 2020 when he moved up to Seattle, he works for Obsidian as a contractor.
  • He does Design, Advice and Review for Obsidian as a Contractor but he's describing himself as "Semi-Retired"
  • He's doing Design/Advice/Review Contract work for a few studios still.

Turns out I was half right, Lol. Guess it explains why he isn't listed in The Outer Worlds 2 main credits.

Enjoy your semi-retirement, King!

I finished Gears 2. Good game. Not a fan of vehicle sections tho the Panzer Dragoon (flying on the reavers) section was neat. Tho it saddens me I bet most people who played it had no idea. Not in the bro shooter era of 2008. Oh and yes I made toast in the queen's lair. I recognize her voice. She did a lot of Star Trek TNG. Yes I know Marcus is Bender. I do have Gears 3 but I need a break.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Todd Howard won't rest until all Fallout OGs have retired.

Next up, Leonard Boyarsky, Jason D. Anderson, Feargus Urquhart.

Jk.

Leynos said:

I finished Gears 2. Good game. Not a fan of vehicle sections tho the Panzer Dragoon (flying on the reavers) section was neat. Tho it saddens me I bet most people who played it had no idea. Not in the bro shooter era of 2008. Oh and yes I made toast in the queen's lair. I recognize her voice. She did a lot of Star Trek TNG. Yes I know Marcus is Bender. I do have Gears 3 but I need a break.

I think you'll come away either appreciating or disliking a key shift in Gears 3 (and beyond): cover-cancelling.  This is where MP took on a different energy by officially allowing you to ice skate between spots, depending on their closeness and overall skill.