By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

One more thing I will say about Jedi Survivor’s graphical presentation:

The game uses FSR 2 to upscale from a lower resolution. On the resolution mode, this isn’t very noticeable. On the frame rate mode however, the resolution dips at times are excessive and the net result is a soft, pixelated image with a number of artifacts and shimmering in the heavier portions of the game. This isn’t terrible most of the time but there are moments when this presentation is downright ugly.

I am hoping there are performance patches to improve this down the line. But if we get more games where the frame rate mode is producing sub 900p images (as measured on the Series X and PS5) I think I will strongly consider returning to PC for the remainder of the generation

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct Bingo Cards

Spade

Here are mine and EpicRandy's from a few days ago:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9442621

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9442809

Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

The Sony hats continue:

Wow that Jez made a really dumb reply here. Exclusivity deals for Microsoft would be way more expansive than Sony because of their martlet share. If Sony has to pay let’s say 10m for a deal it would be probably the double if not triple for the same deal for Microsoft because how the market share.

Xbox are probably biding for those exclusivity deals but the cost is so high for super good AAA that they probably could not afford it while Sony could pay a fraction of this to get those deals. Sony basically uses its dominant position to do those anti competitive deals.

this is really stupid thing to say. Also something people keeps forgetting, Xbox runs on a budget, as a single entity and their budget is probably smaller than Sony from the start. (Other than company wide decision like the Activision). 
and that’s why acquisition is the way to go, cause then it is Microsoft a  whole that can use their bank account, it is their only to compete against the money hating

I think Jez knows that. The thing is that Xbox can afford it. Microsoft is sitting on over $104b in cash reserves currently, nearly 10x more than Sony's $11.4b in cash reserves. Jez is saying that if Microsoft really wanted to compete and prevent these Sony 3rd party exclusivity deals, they absolutely could afford to do so, even if those deals would cost them 3x or 4x as much due to Xbox being way behind in marketshare. They are choosing not to compete for these deals because they believe in day one Gamepass deals and studio acquisitions over timed exclusivity deals. Phil got turned off of AAA timed exclusivity deals in the wake of the Tomb Raider backlash he received, and since then has largely stuck to AA and A/indie timed exclusivity deals. Was it the right move? That depends on who you ask, some Xbox fans feel it is smart to pursue day one Gamepass and studio acquisitions over timed exclusivity deals, while others are angry about their favorite AAA franchises constantly skipping release on Xbox due to Sony money and want to see Phil compete for those deals.

Edit: I also just remembered that Jez once said that he knows how much Sony paid for some of their AAA exclusivity deals and that they are ridiculously cheap. He suggested that Xbox in the past has paid more for timed DLC deals and marketing deals and day one Gamepass deals than Sony has paid to get some of these AAA games as 1 year or even longer timed exclusives. So Jez absolutely knows that Xbox would have to pay more to get these same deals, but he also knows they can afford it and are choosing not to.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 May 2023

Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

The Sony hats continue:

Wow that Jez made a really dumb reply here. Exclusivity deals for Microsoft would be way more expansive than Sony because of their martlet share. If Sony has to pay let’s say 10m for a deal it would be probably the double if not triple for the same deal for Microsoft because how the market share.

Xbox are probably biding for those exclusivity deals but the cost is so high for super good AAA that they probably could not afford it while Sony could pay a fraction of this to get those deals. Sony basically uses its dominant position to do those anti competitive deals.

this is really stupid thing to say. Also something people keeps forgetting, Xbox runs on a budget, as a single entity and their budget is probably smaller than Sony from the start. (Other than company wide decision like the Activision). 

and that’s why acquisition is the way to go, cause then it is Microsoft a whole that can use their bank account, it is their only to compete against the money hating

People have let the "warchest" meme get ahead of them.

Like you said, it would cost Microsoft double, if not triple, for most of these deals due to market share, it means the ROI doesn't make sense for Microsoft, Sony pays say $20m for something, Xbox would probably have to pay $40m at minimum and there is no guarantee that large amounts come from PlayStation to Xbox to play the moneyhatted content instead of waiting a while and enjoying all of Sony's other moneyhatted content.

Not to mention, $100m for Rise of the Tomb Raider and a intense amount of backlash PR wise only for it to underperform and Square Enix to be unhappy.

People do seem to forget that Xbox has a budget and Microsoft isn't in the business of burning cash for little return, hence why they go for acquisitions instead because they make more sense from a ROI standpoint, cash in the bank is often earmarked for acquisitions because they provide the most growth and more cash flow, investors would probably have Satya's head if they started using a large amount of it on timed moneyhats.

With acquisitions, you receive 70% - 100% of return depending on where it is sold and you fund the production of the title, with timed money-hats you receive 30% at most if they buy it from your store, whilst having to pay double-triple what the competition pays, for a much smaller audience, in effect the money you pay is similar to you funding an exclusive, Lol.

So they go for acquisitions instead because they make a lot more sense and I know people will be down on ABK not going through and say Microsoft can't acquire anymore but we've not even seen anywhere close to the impact that Bethesda will have on Xbox, a few new IPs? Nothing. Once you get into Starfield exclusive territory, that is the big gun, then you get into the Doom exclusivity, another big gun.

Then you get into the Elder Scrolls and Fallout exclusivity, that's an atomic bomb, Lol. Plus all the other studios. Maybe Microsoft should money-hat until their releases are on a regular schedule but I've a feeling that is very close anyway so they may be fine with just waiting it out rather than burning cash. I know it doesn't feel fair though, that's just business.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct Bingo Cards

Spade

Here are mine and EpicRandy's from a few days ago:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9442621

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9442809

Thanks, I was going to go looking for them, Lol.

Around the Network

Looks like I'll use Photopea instead of Pixlr now.

Garbage locking saves behind a payment plan.

aTokenYeti said:

I think I will strongly consider returning to PC for the remainder of the generation

I think you didn't see the recent AAA PC ports cause they're absolutely garbage

SKMBlake said:
aTokenYeti said:

I think I will strongly consider returning to PC for the remainder of the generation

Well that settles it. PC is gonna get dogshit ports, Switch gets even even more dogshit ports and even worse running Pokémon games, Series S is gonna hold Series X back. PS5 it is! 

Damn it, if only I wasn’t such a huge FPS, WRPG and Strategy fan though…..

gtotheunit91 said:
SKMBlake said:

Well that settles it. PC is gonna get dogshit ports, Switch gets even even more dogshit ports and even worse running Pokémon games, Series S is gonna hold Series X back. PS5 it is! 

Damn it, if only I wasn’t such a huge FPS, WRPG and Strategy fan though…..

What