By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I tried to sign up to Mastodon just to check out what it is but it says that sign ups are closed on their main official servers. This thing will never take off unless they invest a lot in scaling up their infrastructure because demand is clearly way higher than their capacity. Let's see how this Hive goes, but from what I saw it actually looks more like Instagram alternative rather than Twitter.

I've read that it has a text feed, but I can't check for myself since I won't sign up until it has a web app.

But I saw this so, I think it does.

I think it has both? One section for text and one section for Instagram-like posts.

Hot damn!

Around the Network

Wonder if Microsoft would accept only acquiring Blizzard/King and selling off Activision to someone else, although, I don't know who would buy them.

This would be an extreme last resort; I do believe mobile is more important in this deal than CoD to Microsoft, it's key to a number of things, for starters, actually getting into the mobile market which they've done an awful job of so far and secondly having big guns to use against Android/iOS. Regulators don't seem to give a single fuck about King or Blizzard, Lol.

Realistically, this 10-year offer should be more than enough for regulators who are overly concerned about Sony, but it's just an interesting scenario.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 21 November 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Wonder if Microsoft would accept only acquiring Blizzard/King and selling off Activision to someone else, although, I don't know who would buy them.

This would be an extreme last resort; I do believe mobile is more important in this deal than CoD to Microsoft, it's key to a number of things, for starters, actually getting into the mobile market which they've done an awful job of so far and secondly having big guns to use against Android/iOS. Regulators don't seem to give a single fuck about King or Blizzard, Lol.

Realistically, this 10-year offer should be more than enough for regulators who are overly concerned about Sony, but it's just an interesting scenario.

I honestly wouldn't mind that at all lol. Activision's corporate setup has been infecting Blizzard like a parasite ever since the two merged and separating Blizzard from Activision would be a godsend. 

This Deal just makes me wish that MS would have bought more smaller studios after Bethesda, they will have 100% will not be allowed to buy another publisher after this even if it a small one like Sega so RIP any chances of is getting any big Japanese studios.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

This Deal just makes me wish that MS would have bought more smaller studios after Bethesda, they will have 100% will not be allowed to buy another publisher after this even if it a small one like Sega so RIP any chances of is getting any big Japanese studios.

100%! MS probably would've had Crystal Dynamics and Eidos-Montreal at this point! 

gtotheunit91 said:

Doesn't matter, if Sony take it or not.  MS has made the first move and now its in Sony court.  MS can easily show that they are willing to keep COD on PS and if Sony turn it down, it shows how Sony is trying to manipulate the CMA.  As I stated, MS is more than willing to trade COD for getting Activision done because their focus really isn't Sony or the console war.

Ryuu96 said:

If this deal is all about Mobile Gaming for MS then they should do that, just spin-off Activision from Blizzard and King and do what Sony with Bungie and keep them as a subsidiary that stays multi platform, why would anyone have a problem with that if CoD isn’t going to be exclusive anyway.

This also looks like gold in MS's eyes

EspadaGrim said:

With the way they're acting I'm starting to think Microsoft isn't allowed to acquire any big company anymore even without ABK ?

We'll have to see what they say in the end though, I still think Sega could squeak by because Sega is very small for a publisher.