By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zippy6 said:

One of the people that leaked the premium ASUS ROG Ally as $699 is now saying the basic version will be $599. Something doesn't add up.

Asus ROG Ally - Z1, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD = $599
Asus ROG Ally - Z1 Extreme, 16gb Ram, 512gb SSD = $699

So basically to get double the GPU power, 33% more CPU power and double the SSD storage is just an extra $100? Either one or both of those prices are wrong or that's the craziest tiered pricing I've ever seen. You'd be crazy to go for the $599 model.

ASUS ROG Ally Starts at $599 for Ryzen Z1/256GB SSD Version (wccftech.com)

Is it a stretch to think they may be doing it to push people to the Extreme?

You'd be crazy to go for the $599, as you said, so everyone will think "wow, the Extreme is only $100 extra, I might as well get that one"

They're sneakily making the Extreme look like an incredible deal.

SKMBlake said:
Ryuu96 said:

Why the amount keep getting bigger and bigger ? It was 68.7bn$ when announced, then everybody said 69bn$, then 70bn$ and now here they say 75bn$

It's $68.7 but everyone just rounds it up to $69bn, I don't know where $75bn comes from...For some reason I feel like I read somewhere before that there is a small extra payment which isn't counted in the acquisition cost...I completely forgot what that would relate to though and I could be remembering completely wrong.

Around the Network

Only a few days left till Redfall are you hyped up at all? Or just gonna play it cause its GP and Arkane?

havoc00 said:

Only a few days left till Redfall are you hyped up at all? Or just gonna play it cause its GP and Arkane?

I am very much hyped, the game really looks cool :)

In a massive report on the decision, the CMA revealed that some major publishers report their AAA games can cost over $1 billion to make.

According to the report, AAA games that are greenlit now with potential releases in 2024 or 2025 typically receive development budgets of $200 million or higher — Call of Duty has already surpassed $300 million in development costs alone, and the next Grand Theft Auto title will likely require a development budget of $250 million or more. When considering marketing costs, this number can jump to over $1 billion, with one large studio reporting that a major franchise's development cost $660 million and marketing cost nearly $550 million.

These costs demonstrate a significant increase from five years ago, when most AAA games had budgets between $50 and $150 million.

Major Publishers Report AAA Games Can Cost Over a Billion to Make - IGN

💀💀💀

Those costs don't seem sustainable. Either cutting back on marketing or cutting back on the cost of the game (or both) will have to eventually be a thing.

Around the Network

@Spade

I played KH3 a few years ago and thought it was decent, if I remember correctly, that is. Since you've already endured all previous games in the series, it should be a breeze for you. I did have a hard time understanding the story though.

Last edited by PixelPirate - on 29 April 2023

Doesn't sound sustainable to me either, I think gamers will have to stop demanding that every single game is the best looking game ever and developers (or publishers) have to stop making their AAA's playable for hundreds of hours filled with useless content for padding, and those marketing costs, whoof, I understand why Xbox uses Game Pass as a marketing tool now, those marketing costs are ridiculous.

Ryuu96 said:

Doesn't sound sustainable to me either, I think gamers will have to stop demanding that every single game is the best looking game ever and developers (or publishers) have to stop making their AAA's playable for hundreds of hours filled with useless content for padding, and those marketing costs, whoof, I understand why Xbox uses Game Pass as a marketing tool now, those marketing costs are ridiculous.

I would love more dumb fun games like something like splatterhouse or any of those ps2-360 mid tier AA games but they seem gone and forgotten now its either a AAA game or an indie 8bit Metroid like game no inbetween anymore.

havoc00 said:

Not too hyped to be honest. For some reason Arkane games dont really work for me 😅😅. Will definitly give it a shot with GP.

Ryuu96 said:

Some of my favorite games ever are all games that aren't even good-looking graphically, in fact, they're graphically probably on par with 7th gen such as the Trails games, Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, etc... That said, I can't deny I've sometimes been a bit of a graphics whore for games such as Cyberpunk 2077.