By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 April 2023

Around the Network

High On Life Tops 7.5 Million Players

Thinking about Microsoft asking Klob to include Microsoft Casual Games in his Xbox Game Studios graphic, they should rename Microsoft Casual Games to Xbox Casual Games and officially stick them under Xbox Game Studios and then put them on 1 vs 100.

Spade said:

Idk how many games yall expect from first parties lol.

Ideally I'd like one big AAA each quarter, but I understand that might not happen. 3-4 seems acceptable to me with sprinkled in AA releases as well, such as Hi Fi rush and smaller titles like Pentiment.

I'm sure there's going to be some surprises at E3 (I'm still calling it that) which will release later this year.

Hi Fi Rush
Minecraft Legends
Redfall
Foza
Starfield

Avowed
Hellblade
-Hopefully Q1,Q2 2024 at latest.

This also doesn't include gamepass day one games and surprises as well as 3rd party games too! Gamepass is such a great service as it allows you to play games you never thought you would try. Like some people here trying JRPGs, me playing fighting games. If I wasn't a b*tch I'd play some of the horror games. Try something new.

I don't know how people (in particular Xbots) expect a AAA release every quarter when Nintendo and PlayStation don't even achieve that kind of output. Just take this year, all PS is releasing from their own studios is Spider-Man 2. Nintendo just has Tears of the Kingdom. I'd love it if Xbox did have that kind of release cadence but I'm not going to pretend it should be the norm. Of course, Sony and Nintendo could announce some more stuff that may release this year but as of right now they both just have one big title coming this year. 

Around the Network

Xbox should prove they're in it for the long haul again for the doubters by having another studio drop. 😎

• Asobo
  • IO Interactive
  • Certain Affinity
  • GSC Game World
  • Double Eleven (Bethesda)

That would definitely be a nice drop of studios.

Reviewers really need to be more consistent with performance issues, seeing titles still getting a pass like Jedi Survivor despite having performance issues across the board, bad ones on Console and even worse on PC...I'm going to side eye a lot of reviewers if Redfall is heavily docked for performance issues or being 30fps when Jedi Survivor can't even keep 60fps consistently and has frequent 40fps drops.

Ryuu96 said:

Xbox should prove they're in it for the long haul again for the doubters by having another studio drop. 😎

• Asobo
  • IO Interactive
  • Certain Affinity
  • GSC Game World
  • Double Eleven (Bethesda)

And let their incredible legacies be destroyed by being bought up by Xbox?! Nah

Ryuu96 said:

Reviewers really need to be more consistent with performance issues, seeing titles still getting a pass like Jedi Survivor despite having performance issues across the board, bad ones on Console and even worse on PC...I'm going to side eye a lot of reviewers if Redfall is heavily docked for performance issues or being 30fps when Jedi Survivor can barely keep 60fps and drops below 40, Lol.

Redfall could have a rock solid 30fps, never dropping a single frame or crashing, and reviewers will still dox the game for being at 30fps lol