By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Leap looks fun will play after work, whats the verdict from those who played it?

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Microsoft gaming chief Phil Spencer acknowledged the company's disappointment, saying the UK's decision will slow the approval process, according to a person who attended the meeting. Still, he said Microsoft's desire to pursue the deal hasn't wavered, said the person, who asked not to be identified discussing an internal event.

Spencer told staffers that Microsoft President Brad Smith was up at 2 a.m. Seattle time Wednesday drafting a response to the UK Competition and Markets Authority. He said Chief Financial Officer Amy Hood, who oversees acquisitions, held a senior leadership meeting the same day.

The Xbox chief said the acquisition was intended to speed up Microsoft's gaming plans, but doesn't represent the entirety of the company's gaming strategy, which would move ahead even without Activision, the person said.

Omg!!! You mean to tell me that Xbox isn't going to close down and shut up shop because they couldn't acquire a company which luckily fell into their lap only in very late 2021, years after their long-term plan was formulated, after they just acquired Zenimax and an acquisition which only was possible due to a company wide scandal that Activision-Blizzard was currently going through?!?!

I'M SHOCKED.

As I've said over and over, it was pretty f*cking obvious that Activision-Blizzard was an accelerant to their long term strategy which accidentally and happily fell into their lap but it was never in their original plans, Phil didn't say to Satya in 2018 "and in late 2021 we're going to acquire Activision-Blizzard after they have a massive scandal!" with his crystal ball. Lmao.

Almost like people don't understand how businesses operate at all and the other half let themselves be led by needless fear.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 April 2023

Around the Network

Team Xbox should just move on as if the deal is dead and let Microsoft's legal department handle the rest.

Acquire some independent studios again. Bulk XGS and Bethesda Softworks up a little more.

Deal is dead, Microsoft legal can fuck around with CMA as long as it doesn't get in the way of Xbox, Imo.

Nvidia joins Boosteroid in speaking out against CMA's decision.

You know what, I agree with CMA's decision, they're protecting all these "maybe" "possible" "who knows" new entries into the Cloud market, such as myself! I'm opening my own Cloud Gaming business and I'm glad CMA is protecting me, now if someone can loan me some millions so I can pay for CoD in my service that would be great.

Ryuu96 said:

Klob says that Microsoft told him to include Microsoft Casual Games.

Man doing free work for Microsoft 💀

Ryuu96 said:
Spade said:

MS pulled out a miracle with a math error on the last argument... now they have to argue theoretical possibilities. Doubt it will be overturned, but miracles do exist.
#copium

Would have to be a legit miracle, like a God is real miracle

They can't argue against theoretical arguments, nobody can.

I theoretically expect you to be a problem in the future so I'm going to permaban you now.

Y'all need to ignore it.

I tried once in the past, I put a lot of effort and thought into my posts and they were met with single one word responses, I've given up arguing with some of these people, they're so set in their ways that absolutely nothing you can say or Microsoft can do will change their minds, it's not worth the effort. It's a complete and utter waste of time, they just want Microsoft to fail and nothing more.

I dislike Jim Ryan but I would never want to see Sony leave the industry, it would be a disaster if this industry lost yet another player (I'm 100% convinced it won't) but this utter naivety that my billion dollar corporation is more ethical than your billion dollar corporation is hilarious. In terms of the market itself, one leaving would be awful.

If you think Xbox sucks then fine, go have fun with your PlayStation, who are you trying to convince? Lmao. Let others enjoy what they want.

Anyone who says Mattrick should come back needs to touch some grass.

Indeed, I always type up long messages in response to some people but then delete them knowing it'll fall on deaf ears. 

Going back and having read through everything, I put the current chances of the ABK deal happening now at about 5-10%, tops. If the EU blocks it’s 0%.

The UK’s reasoning is so flimsy and divorced from reality that I think there is a small chance Microsoft could make headways in appeals. But that’s a Hail Mary.