By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Imagine being the market leader selling 100m systems a gen and releasing games that break 10m with ease being scared of Xbox.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Time for Xbox to start buying up all them 3rd parties to help with their organic growth.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Microsoft is making plans to complete its $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard — despite the Federal Trade Commission’s December move to block the deal over antitrust concerns, The Post has learned.

Microsoft is feeling optimistic about securing UK approval for its acquisition — which has has been attacked by FTC Chair Lina Khan as an unfair mega-merger that will stifle competition across the video-game sector — this week, according to sources close to the tech giant.

“They are going to cram this down the FTC’s throats,” a source close to the situation said.

If it gains European approvals, Microsoft’s plan is to quickly close its merger of the “Call of Duty” maker for $95 a share, the source said.

“The CMA has been the toughest regulator over the last several years with tech deals,” the source close to the situation said.

The FTC can still file for a temporary injunction from a US Federal court to stop the merger from closing but getting that ruling is far from a sure thing, a DC antitrust source not on either side of this case said.

“By law the FTC only needs to raise serious, doubtful questions about a merger to get an injunction,” the source said. “But as a practical matter the judge is evaluating the merits of the case.”

“If Microsoft makes a deal with the Brits and the European Union it can say that antitrust concerns are resolved, and if you’re a judge that’s not a helpful fact for the FTC.”

“The FTC will be out there alone and it will make it more difficult for it to get any decision approved by the court,” Penn University Professor and Anti-trust Expert Herbert Hovenkamp told The Post.

Khan was hoping to block this deal without ever having to win in court, sources said.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 April 2023

If it gains European approvals, Microsoft’s plan is to quickly close its merger of the “Call of Duty” maker for $95 a share, the source said.

They aren't waiting on China? Interesting and worth the 'risk' Imo. Looks like they're aiming to close this deal in May.

Must be really optimistic about the CMA. Very happy they're closing over the FTC, lets get this shit done!

Looks like meat Diablo IV is back on the menu Game Pass, boys!

If not launch we're maybe only a couple weeks out, maybe an E3 week announcement.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

If not launch we're maybe only a couple weeks out, maybe an E3 week announcement.

Seems like adding to GP just a few days/weeks after launch would piss off a lot of people that bought it day one, not sure they'd do that lol.

Ryuu96 said:

Suddenly those Diablo IV Series X bundles make complete sense! 

Ryuu96 said:

They aren't waiting on China? Interesting and worth the 'risk' Imo. Looks like they're aiming to close this deal in May.

Must be really optimistic about the CMA. Very happy they're closing over the FTC, lets get this shit done!

My bank account is ready!

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Seems like adding to GP just a few days/weeks after launch would piss off a lot of people that bought it day one, not sure they'd do that lol.

Now I'm unsure but not for that reason, Microsoft has a pretty generous refund policy but now I'm thinking Microsoft wouldn't want to refund millions of players, Lol. Someone else made a good point that Diablo IV is Battlenet only as well so it won't be able to come to Game Pass PC until later and that will take a minimum of a few weeks to bring Diablo IV to Windows Store, probably months given the state of Windows Store.

So I take that back already, Diablo IV probably won't come to Game Pass until Holiday, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 April 2023

Imagine is buying each of us a copy of Diablo IV!