By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:
SKMBlake said:

Out of curiosity: why the ' between 2000 and s, instead of just writing 2000s ?

Because the end of the original Xbox wasn't all that great and the early 360 days had the RROD. I remember having to replace my 360 3 times. The only notable game that I at least remember during the RROD days was Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. 

Even when Halo 2 released, that was like the only notable game on Xbox lol but 2001-2003 were GOATED.

He asked why you say "2000's" instead of "2000s"

....I miss @Wright 

Around the Network

JRPG slander, hate to see it. :*(

Ryuu96 said:

Not interested in Contraband though.

Or Tango's JRPG.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Because the end of the original Xbox wasn't all that great and the early 360 days had the RROD. I remember having to replace my 360 3 times. The only notable game that I at least remember during the RROD days was Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. 

Even when Halo 2 released, that was like the only notable game on Xbox lol but 2001-2003 were GOATED.

....I miss @Wright 

Oh my god I'm an idiot

super_etecoon said:

Hi all, I'm not an XBox gamer, but I am interested in what fans think of the current Microsoft mood. It seems to me the height of XBox fandom was during the middle years of the 360's lifespan. At that point almost everyone that I encountered in real life was playing on their 360 (even more so than people I would encounter that played the Wii). What was the point that the slide in popularity and positivity began to take hold? I certainly have a few theories of my own, but I'd like to hear where true XBox fans side on this issue. And if you don't think there has been a slide, by all means state that and why you don't think there has been one in terms of popular sentiment about the console.

By the way, as a Nintendo fan, I'm more than aware of what it feels like to have your company of choice take a few shots on the nose, and also that tides can change rather quickly in this business. Are you bullish about Microsoft's future in the console space over the next 10 years, particularly with the acquisition of Activision/Blizzard?

I've been gaming for over 40 years and own or have owned pretty much every console.  I've witnessed the ebb and flow of the market for each of the companies and have never really cared about the moods or where the current state of things are.  The last 5 or so years, is probably the closest I've come to gauging moods or trends, but I've been pretty much ignorant of such things.  

If I'm not mistaken, Xbox hardware sales are off to a pretty good start and if they can ever resolve the Series X stock issues, sales should continue to do well for the generation.  Long term it looks like it will be an excellent generation for them as well as the next generation.  

What I've found the most fascinating is how attached the fanbase can become to their chosen hunk of plastic.  While I consider myself more of a fanboy of video games in general I can see where someone that is locked to only being able to own one console, becoming discouraged if a return on that investment isn't being met physically or emotionally.  

I'm not sure what a true Xbox fan is, but I'm a fan of the Xbox community on this site.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
gtotheunit91 said:

2000's 

Out of curiosity: why the ' between 2000 and s, instead of just writing 2000s ?

Idk how I completely misread your question lol. Not sure actually. Habit I guess.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

....I miss @Wright 

You're wright

DroidKnight said:
super_etecoon said:

Hi all, I'm not an XBox gamer, but I am interested in what fans think of the current Microsoft mood. It seems to me the height of XBox fandom was during the middle years of the 360's lifespan. At that point almost everyone that I encountered in real life was playing on their 360 (even more so than people I would encounter that played the Wii). What was the point that the slide in popularity and positivity began to take hold? I certainly have a few theories of my own, but I'd like to hear where true XBox fans side on this issue. And if you don't think there has been a slide, by all means state that and why you don't think there has been one in terms of popular sentiment about the console.

By the way, as a Nintendo fan, I'm more than aware of what it feels like to have your company of choice take a few shots on the nose, and also that tides can change rather quickly in this business. Are you bullish about Microsoft's future in the console space over the next 10 years, particularly with the acquisition of Activision/Blizzard?

I've been gaming for over 40 years and own or have owned pretty much every console.  I've witnessed the ebb and flow of the market for each of the companies and have never really cared about the moods or where the current state of things are.  The last 5 or so years, is probably the closest I've come to gauging moods or trends, but I've been pretty much ignorant of such things.  

If I'm not mistaken, Xbox hardware sales are off to a pretty good start and if they can ever resolve the Series X stock issues, sales should continue to do well for the generation.  Long term it looks like it will be an excellent generation for them as well as the next generation.  

What I've found the most fascinating is how attached the fanbase can become to their chosen hunk of plastic.  While I consider myself more of a fanboy of video games in general I can see where someone that is locked to only being able to own one console, becoming discouraged if a return on that investment isn't being met physically or emotionally.  

I'm not sure what a true Xbox fan is, but I'm a fan of the Xbox community on this site.  

Most people grow out of it by their 40s

Does that community include Spade and Noble?

God imagine the vibe if ABK is blocked by CMA next week.

Ryuu96 said:
DroidKnight said:

Most people grow out of it by their 40s

Does that community include Spade and Noble?

Not sure who they are, do they post in here?

Spoiler!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.