By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It would ruin my table though in the OP which is 3 studios per row, Xbox Game Studios would have to acquire two more

Bethesda should acquire another studio as well so I can fill out the last spot

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 April 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

They should move Toys for Bob into Xbox Game Studios after the deal and take Spyro/Crash with them but also work on Banjo.

I don't want Toys for Bob sucked into the CoD machine, Lol.

Aren't Toys for Bob doing the new Skylanders collection that leaked right now? If so, they may already be safe from the CoD machine, would mean that Acti moved them back from CoD (which they worked on the 2021 and 2022 CoD games in earlier years) to Crash Team Rumble which releases in June and now Skylanders as well. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 April 2023

Wonder if they'll ever do a Sea of Thieves 2, I'd love to see Sea of Thieves on Unreal Engine 5.  Do what Overwatch 2 did and release it as an update over the original game so purchased stuff is kept. Ditch last gen consoles as well and make the map double the size with more ports, islands and more crews able to spawn in a single world. Still wish they had a friendly major hub like Sea of Thieves version of Nassau where crews can come together and interact, could add some trading features between crews, some minigames for crews to participate in to earn coin off each other, etc.

Ryuu96 said:

Wonder if they'll ever do a Sea of Thieves 2, I'd love to see Sea of Thieves on Unreal Engine 5.  Do what Overwatch 2 did and release it as an update over the original game so purchased stuff is kept. Ditch last gen consoles as well and make the map double the size with more ports, islands and more crews able to spawn in a single world. Still wish they had a friendly major hub like Sea of Thieves version of Nassau where crews can come together and interact, could add some trading features between crews, some minigames for crews to participate in to earn coin off each other, etc.

Definitely seems possible but I think it'll be towards the end of this generation or early next gen, Rare will probably need to release Everwild in order to free up enough staff to work on Sea of Thieves 2. 

Around the Network

At a recent presentation held for the press, the development team unveiled Necrom, though they actually started with news on the game's healthy player base. Whereas 20 million players were confirmed last year, two million accounts were created since High Isle, bringing the new total to 22 million players and counting (there's a free play event and discount sale running right now, so a bunch of newcomers are bound to be moving their first steps in Tamriel during these days). The scope of Elder Scrolls Online is simply huge, as the game sports 9 million words, 200K lines of spoken dialogue per language, and over 26 million lines of code.

Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom Has a Grandiose Story That Ends on a Cliffhanger; 22 Million Players Confirmed

Didn't really notice it before but Arkane is pretty small huh.

Apparently only had 150 employees as of 2020 but Linkedin now says 269 but since Lyon and Austin at this stage are basically two distinct studios focusing on their own things that's like 134 for each game.

Makes me appreciate them a little more, also I suppose it's not a major surprise considering they've basically never had a major hit in sales and multiple underperforming titles.

Quite a few open job positions for both studios at least, more at Lyon though.

Ryuu96 said:

This is to be expected, with the CMA deadline being on the 24th for the whole phase 2. Every day that pass without the CMA revising this deadline or bringing back the Console SLC is another proof Sony lost all credibility on the case and that their complaint about the removal of it has fallen into deaf ears. 

EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

This is to be expected, with the CMA deadline being on the 24th for the whole phase 2. Every day that pass without the CMA revising this deadline or bringing back the Console SLC is another proof Sony lost all credibility on the case and that their complaint about the removal of it has fallen into deaf ears. 

Yup.

Although to be clear, CMA legally can't revise the deadline anymore, Lol. They've ran out of extensions.

Definitely won't bring back the Console SLC...It was already extremely rare for them to backtrack on an SLC...Let alone doing it twice in the same case, they'd look incredibly incompetent, Lol.

Console SLC is dead.

It'd be funny if CMA still demanded a divestment over Cloud SLC though...