By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:

Redfall doesn't seem to be launching in the shape that it should be.

Still going to require internet for now, no 60 fps mode at launch...

Seems beneficial across the board to just delay it some months.

No kidding. Gives the devs a little extra time to add the 60fps mode, drop the always online requirement, and the game would already be in a MUCH better state than what it will be launching in. Both from the technical aspect and PR. Plus it'll give time for people to forget about that awful IGN First display

And sandwiched between Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom, it also makes the game feel like a Titanfall 2 situation. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Feels like Bethesda send a few titles out to die...

Shit having as bad marketing as Prey 😭

Microsoft needs to go ask Bethesda if they want to delay the game, Lol.

Then convince them to delay the game.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

The PC version has Denuvo?! Ugh.....that stupid DRM! Too many games are utilizing that thing these days. No kidding though. Redfall has had nothing but bad PR and bad marketing ever since it was announced.

The only positive things I've heard are from hands-on first impressions, but that's not what the most gamers will care about. And charging $70 for it. 

Starfield will likely have Denuvo as well...Tbh it's more surprising when a game doesn't have Denuvo nowadays.

Prey, Deathloop, Doom Eternal and Hi-Fi Rush all have Denuvo as well.

Bethesda been using it for a while so I kind of let Redfall off for this one, Lol.

I doubt Starfield will. It kinda goes against BGS's game being super mod friendly. The other games, the devs don't want you changing anything, but BGS are everything but lol. Unless there's some in-game marketplace like Creation Club.

gtotheunit91 said:
the-pi-guy said:

No kidding. Gives the devs a little extra time to add the 60fps mode, drop the always online requirement, and the game would already be in a MUCH better state than what it will be launching in. Both from the technical aspect and PR. Plus it'll give time for people to forget about that awful IGN First display

And sandwiched between Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom, it also makes the game feel like a Titanfall 2 situation. 

Perfect comparison Tbh.

Except Titanfall 2 was one of the best FPS ever and still got slaughtered

Redfall will probably be good but Titanfall 2 was peak FPS and Redfall is going against Star Wars and Zelda, Lol.

Delay the dang thing to August.

Nah Titanfall 2 just wasn't that good. Reviewed well but was kind a meh game overall.

Around the Network

I don't think Bethesda wants it to fail like Jason says though, kind of a shit take.

But Bethesda does this marketing nonsense too often, and sticking it between two massive titles on top of their typical marketing silliness is asking for trouble, I doubt Microsoft would object to a delay considering how they've delayed practically everything else and their Fiscal Year is already shot up with or without Redfall plus it would only be a few months so what is it? Massive overconfidence?

Like I've said, I'm sure people will bitch and moan (although lots of Xbox fans are asking for a delay already now) but they'll forget about it in a month thanks to E3 and even sooner if ABK closes so the PR hit won't be too bad, and as for the financial hit, FY23 is already bad, write it off, Redfall isn't saving it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2023

Yeah, May 2nd was already a bad date for Redfall. About a week and a half after Dead Island 2 (which according to previews is a worthy successor to Dead Island 1), only 4 days after Jedi Survivor, and only about a week and a half before Zelda. That is a poor period to launch a AAA new IP into at the best of times, even worse to launch a AAA new IP into a busy period with major missing features like offline play and 60 fps. Delay it until July, the biggest competition there is Exoprimal from Capcom, which like Redfall is a new IP, the other releases for the month are two relatively niche JRPG's (an Atelier remake and the next Legend of Heroes), Hogwarts Legacy's Switch port, and Pikmin 4. Much safer period for Redfall.

KiigelHeart said:

Nah Titanfall 2 just wasn't that good. Reviewed well but was kind a meh game overall.

One of the greatest FPS campaigns of all time. Take that back.

The multiplayer was worse than Titanfall 1 though.

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, May 2nd was already a bad date for Redfall. About a week and a half after Dead Island 2 (which according to previews is a worthy successor to Dead Island 1), only 4 days after Jedi Survivor, and only about a week and a half before Zelda. That is a poor period to launch a AAA new IP into at the best of times, even worse to launch a AAA new IP into a busy period with major missing features like offline play and 60 fps. Delay it until July, the biggest competition there is Exoprimal from Capcom, which like Redfall is a new IP.

July works, I keep thinking about a July date but I struggle to think of a single AAA that Microsoft have ever released in July, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2023

If the game releases and it turns out to be some of the best work Arkane has put out and reviews stupid well, which judging by first impressions it will, I think that will quell a lot of the bad PR it's receiving, but, we won't know for another few weeks. If it's not delayed.