By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
coolbeans said:

Preliminary MS Showcase Thoughts:

Shown: Starfield (obviously), Hellblade II, Contraband, Compulsion's title, & Avowed

Not Shown: Fable, Everwild, Indy Jones, etc.

State of Decay 3 being the biggest maybe imo.

I can dig it!

Yeah, I agree about what will not be shown. State of Decay 3 I'm also putting with Fable, Everwild, and Indy Jones though. I think all those titles will be big 2024 showcases. 

I think there will be one or two more surprises at the show. 

Around the Network

Ooof

MS Showcase Thots:
Shown:
-Hellblade 2 with a tentative date
-FM8 with a firm date in 2023
-InXile game with a tentative date
-Avowed showed, release in 2024
-Outer World 2 shown off, for late 2024 or early 25
-State of Decay 3 shown off with a release in 2024
-Contraband shown with a release for 2025
-Machine Game next project shown, etc…

This showcase will be where Microsoft will officially announce ActiBlizz merger officially, while Phil print Bobby Kotic’s ass with a fresh Timberland boots.

Then, Starfield is shown, with a custom console and premium editions.

Will Ghostwire have a physical copy release on Xbox?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

If they stick to "next 12 months" then it should be something like.

Should Be Shown

• Forza Motorsport
  • Hellblade II
  • Starfield - Technically at its own showcase but I'll still count it.

Likely To Be Shown

• Avowed - Jez said they expanded the scope recently so that could bring about a later release, I'm optimistic for Early 24 though.
  • Compulsion's Project Midnight - Timeline seems about right based on last release and leaks.
  • Age of Mythology Remake
  • Ara History Untold
  • Contraband - Jez said it has missed multiple deadlines so I don't know how much it has been set back.
  • The Wandering Tower (Project Belfry) - Seems very likely based on leaks.

50/50

• Halo: Tatanka
  • Project Mara
  • Minecraft Spinoff - There's still one left to be announced which was teased the same time as Minecraft Legends so it has been in development for a while but they may wait a while longer after Legends or for a Minecon, Dungeons was announced at Minecon while Legends was announced at Xbox + Bethesda Showcase.

Won't Be Shown

• Gears of War 6
  • Perfect Dark
  • Fable
  • Everwild
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • InXile Project Cobalt
  • State of Decay 3
  • Kojima IP
  • Rumoured Project Shaolin 
  • Rumoured Project Suerte
  • The Elder Scrolls VI (Obviously)
  • Zenimax Project Kestrel
  • Indiana Jones

Around the Network

So sales in the UK dropped even further in March and down 18% YoY for the year so far and the stock situation is much worse in the USA than the UK so I dread to think what March is going to look like once the NPD drops. Series X is available on Amazon UK but you have to buy it bundled with Forza. Meanwhile the stock issues in USA have continued well into April. Frankly ridiculous now. This is clearly not a short-term problem and I still don't know what that problem is.

Idk how much it'll be worth, but I'm throwing in AoE 4 console port release date getting announced alongside the Age of Mythology remake being shown.

One thing I do hope Bethesda shows off during the Starfield Direct will be their plans for mod support. Historically, mod tools have released post-launch. So it would be sick if they announced mod tools will be available day 1, briefly go over how it works and along with console integration, and Todd throws in that the entirety of Skyrim can be modded on some planet

DroidKnight said:

Will Ghostwire have a physical copy release on Xbox?

I certainly hope so. I know Deathloop did get a physical Xbox release, but so far, Ghostwire is just digital. I would check again tomorrow. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Ooof

Smh, how in the world do you have an extra year to develop the Xbox port and optimize it and still fail tp hit a locked 60 fps on performance mode? 

As for the actual review, can't say I'm surprised that Jez only gave it a 7/10, he's never been a big fan of JP games. Thankfully the game already has a 9/10 review  on metacritic from Hey Poor Player and metacritic has yet to add Jez's review, lmao.

https://www.heypoorplayer.com/2023/04/11/ghostwire-tokyo-review-xbox-series-x/

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/ghostwire-tokyo