By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
Ryuu96 said:

Can likely rule out Starfield Direct for that week then so if it's not next week then it's likely the last week of March at minimum.

I personally don't think we will see it until April at this point. With Starfield release rumored for late June, they can safely wait until April 2022 to polish the game as much as possible ahead of the gameplay deep dive, and still leave May and most of June for a marketing ramp up and have an early "launch" trailer at their E3 showcase. I'm sure they want to polish the game as much as possible before showing it again, they probably don't want Digital Foundry roasting them for technical reasons in their analysis of the footage like they did last E3, where they complained the lack of screen space reflection in interiors, outdoor shadow quality, lack of sub-surface scattering on character models, lack of global illumination, and framerate drops below 30 fps.

Hopefully Bethesda has used the last 9 months since E3 to improve on some of those areas, if possible. At the very least a 60 fps mode that runs 50 fps or higher needs to be present when they do show it again imo, even if they have to reduce the resolution significantly via a dynamic resolution scaler or just a significantly lower set resolution to pull it off, a 30 fps shooter on console in 2023 is frankly not acceptable to a large number of people, the bare minimum these days is a 50+ fps mode that works well on a VRR screen. I also hope they have added some of the other things DF complained about last E3, while I doubt they added global illumination as it is just too hardware intensive even if you use a pre-baked solution instead of RT GI, it would be nice if the outdoor shadow quality has improved since E3, character models have received sub-surface scattering on their skin to allow realistic light reactivity, and cube map reflections have been replaced with screen space reflections (RT reflections definitely aren't happening, but SSR is a happy middle ground between cube map reflections and RT reflections).

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 March 2023

Around the Network

Damned the halo inf update is 24 gb and so slow...

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Can likely rule out Starfield Direct for that week then so if it's not next week then it's likely the last week of March at minimum.

I personally don't think we will see it until April at this point. With Starfield release rumored for late June, they can safely wait until April 2022 to polish the game as much as possible ahead of the gameplay deep dive, and still leave May and most of June for a marketing ramp up and have an early "launch" trailer at their E3 showcase. I'm sure they want to polish the game as much as possible before showing it again, they probably don't want Digital Foundry roasting them for technical reasons in their analysis of the footage like they did last E3, where they complained the lack of screen space reflection in interiors, outdoor shadow quality, lack of sub-surface scattering on character models, lack of global illumination, and framerate drops below 30 fps.

Hopefully Bethesda has used the last 9 months since E3 to improve on some of those areas, if possible. At the very least a 60 fps mode that runs 50 fps or higher needs to be present when they do show it again imo, even if they have to reduce the resolution significantly via a dynamic resolution scaler or just a significantly lower set resolution to pull it off, a 30 fps shooter on console in 2023 is frankly not acceptable to a large number of people, the bare minimum these days is a 50+ fps mode that works well on a VRR screen. I also hope they have added some of the other things DF complained about last E3, while I doubt they added global illumination as it is just too hardware intensive even if you use a pre-baked solution instead of RT GI, it would be nice if the outdoor shadow quality has improved since E3, character models have received sub-surface scattering on their skin to allow realistic light reactivity, and cube map reflections have been replaced with screen space reflections (RT reflections definitely aren't happening, but SSR is a happy middle ground between cube map reflections and RT reflections).

Yeah, if Xbox can't even get their BIG first-party game running at 60fps at the very least, many will view it as a huge L. Bethesda games have never been known for their technical prowess, but even they know they can't mess up this launch. It has to be damn near perfect. 

Well, Infinite season 3 is broken. Played 3 matches now and I'm getting no challenge progress on any challenges for the featured playlist even after restarting the client twice, and I'm not getting double XP after using a double XP boost.

Yeah just played match on this new playlist. No challenge progress. Hope they'll fix it soon.

Around the Network

How is this still a problem every time a new event happens? lol 

Meh halo challengs are not working X_X.

Team Escalation is dope! Unfortunately it doesn't have a playlist of its own. And this new sphere thing equipment is cool.

KiigelHeart said:

Team Escalation is dope! Unfortunately it doesn't have a playlist of its own. And this new sphere thing equipment is cool.

Shroud Screen? Can't wait for Halo Pros to GA it a week after launch.