By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Worst case scenario is I think Satya telling Phil to make do with what they already have (XGS + Bethesda) which is more than Xbox has ever had so that is fine but I think they'll be reluctant to make any other large publisher acquisitions once ABK is blocked. I do still think they'll attempt to go for a Mobile specific developer (even if large) because regulators don't give a damn about that and some more individual studios (below $1bn).

Plus, AI is the new sexy thing now, alongside the usual Cloud stuff.

Selling/Shutting down Xbox makes absolutely zero sense.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 February 2023

Around the Network

Jez L vs Xbox Marketing L.

It's funny that Xbox marketing is that bad that this is an actual possibility.

Ryuu96 said:

Jez L vs Xbox Marketing L.

It's funny that Xbox marketing is that bad that this is an actual possibility.

To be fair to Jez here, I wouldn't call it a Jez L even if the game is no longer Xbox published. It has been 2 years nearly since he talked about Project Dragon at all, and that was only to say that there were job listings for a Project Dragon on IOI's website, which matched with information he heard from a source several months earlier who told him that Xbox was in early negotations with IOI for a Project Dragon. Jez made it clear that being in that earliest stage of talks meant it could change drastically before release or even be cancelled, most projects in that earliest stage of preproduction never make it past pre-production afterall.

I'm really not all that worried about Project Dragon possibly no longer being an Xbox exclusive. It's not as if Xbox is is wanting for medieval fantasy RPG's currently, they already have Avowed, TES 6, Fable, and ESO covering that genre, and if the ABK deal does close, they will also have Diablo and World of Warcraft covering that genre as well (and I'd be willing to bet that Xbox makes a console port of WoW happen within 2 years of the acquisition closing too). Obviously a 2nd party AAA exclusive would have been nice to see, especially since most of the other 2nd party games that Jez leaked weren't properly AAA, but it's not really necessary for Xbox. Xbox can always get day one Gamepass deals on more fantasy RPG's if they believe they need more, for instance the singleplayer game in the Black Desert universe is still in development, Crimson Desert, and since Black Desert did well on Gamepass, Pearl Abyss may be willing to sign a day one Gamepass deal on Crimson Desert with Xbox.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 28 February 2023

Put the money towards an AAA Killer Instinct.

And Viva Pinata.

Around the Network

Would explain the new name "Project Fantasy"

Online Fantasy RPG.... Doesn't sound like it will be an MMO or a singleplayer game either but something inbetween probably with mobile game monetization...... It's probably following Suicide Squad into the dumpster.

Lmao.

Bing AI trying to discredit these leakers.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 February 2023

The praying isn't working, Todd requires stronger offerings.

Going to need you all to buy an extra copy of Skyrim.

Ryuu96 said:

The praying isn't working, Todd requires stronger offerings.

Going to need you all to buy an extra copy of Skyrim.

I bought the original on steam. Legendary Edition on Steam and Switch and I bought Anniversary Edition on Xbox and Windows Store. Don't make me buy it a 6th time on GOG.