By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I really like this being the main inspiration.

As for studio director Harvey Smith, there's only one game that came to mind when he was asked about Redfall's co-op inspirations: Dungeons & Dragons.

"I live in constant fear that people are going to figure out that we're just D&D players who think video games could be cooler and deeper," said Smith. "D&D is the best co-op game of all time, and I think people would be shocked if they knew how much we have all played D&D together as a group, from Origin Systems to ION Storm to Arkane. I am currently in three different D&D campaigns, and I still play with Ricardo on Monday nights."

Around the Network

I actually really do appreciate a smaller yet more dense open-world. This also does sounds like a one-and-done type game for Arkane. 

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 January 2023

Jez apparently agreed with Rand on the podcast that Xbox will have the event this month FWIW.

Next week announcement I'd think if it's coming this month.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 January 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Jez apparently agreed with Rand on the podcast that Xbox will have the event this month FWIW.

I can see that happening. Not only is it necessary because there's so many release dates we need lol, but AoE 2 DE gets its console release on the 31st, which could get some last minute marketing done. Ara: History Untold is having its technical alpha at the end of this month, as well as a gameplay trailer since last E3 was just a cinematic. 

Plus all the teasing lately lol, and that FH5 bundle releasing this month. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I can see that happening. Not only is it necessary because there's so many release dates we need lol, but AoE 2 DE gets its console release on the 31st, which could get some last minute marketing done. Ara: History Untold is having its technical alpha at the end of this month, as well as a gameplay trailer since last E3 was just a cinematic. 

Plus all the teasing lately lol, and that FH5 bundle releasing this month. 

If it's this month it might as well be before Persona 3/4 on the 19th as well.

I think if it's happening they will announce the show next week for Jan 15-18. Also have a gamepass showing, Redfall and starfield gameplay and date, possibly Hi-Rush reveal or whatever. That's the maximum I expect xD Can't wait tho

Nintendo fans have gone through enough “rumoured direct” news they know what y’all about to go through :P

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Should wrap up 100% on Vampire Survivors (base game) in the next 2 play sessions, from a game I was pretty apprehensive about starting to the easiest £1.43 I’ve ever spent on a DLC. Bravo Poncle, you’ve won me over.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition