By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

SkyBox will continue to operate independently under the supervision of its founders Shyang Kong, Derek MacNeil, and Steven Silvester.

"We have built a team of talented individuals who are passionate and creative, and by joining NetEase Games, we will also be able to accelerate our plans to pursue new creative opportunities and enjoy access to world-class operational resources and the full breadth and depth of NetEase's services so we can scale faster in Canada," said Kong.

SkyBox will also continue to co-create games alongside existing and new partners.

-

343i is safe for now, they really can't afford losing Skybox Labs.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Motherfucker.

Seemed like one of MS's easiest acquisitions for years too.

October 2024 Articles:

Star Wars Outlaws (XS) Review -- 4/10 |

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Motherfucker.

Seemed like one of MS's easiest acquisitions for years too.

I think for some reason, Xbox is reluctant to acquire support studios, even though as we can see, Skybox is doing original IP as well...They also missed Forgotten Empires but thankfully their owner has remained hands off and they continue to be a vital partner for Age of Empires.

Hopefully NetEase stays hands off and Skybox continue to assist 343 for years to come. I'm half expecting NetEase to go for Certain Affinity next, it'd be a little funny because NetEase would essentially hold 343's fate in their hands, both Skybox and Certain Affinity are essential support studios to Halo, especially after they lost Sperasoft due to the Russia/Ukraine war.

I JUST WANT A DATE!!! I don't care what they call it!

These teases are killing me

Around the Network

Bruh all we want is some actual dates, anything on top of that is extra. a Direct-level show sounds perfect

I just want to see Starfield...I want a date...Direct style is perfect and what we've been asking for...I don't think anyone expected a full blown showcase, Lol. They have enough for early 2023 to show, one or two smaller announcements for later in the year and then save the big stuff for E3.

I hate Jez right now

A table top game coming up for gears this year,  Animated show; netflix show a Gears must be coming this year right? 

konnichiwa said:

A table top game coming up for gears this year,  Animated show; netflix show a Gears must be coming this year right? 

I don't think the animated show has a date and the film is coming first which doesn't even have a cast yet, I think Gears of War 6 will be 2024 and the film will be 2025.