By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 12 52.17%

No 8 34.78%

Still need convincing (sp... 3 13.04%

Total:23
jason1637 said:

Lol that showcase sucked.

It isn't that bad but at this point plenty of peoples expectations are low

Around the Network

Showcase was pretty good! Subnautica 2 and Phasmophobia alone were pretty huge announcements. The Mouse: PI for Hire announcement was great because that was going to be PC only originally.

Good to see Xbox partnering with Remedy and Konami. I was hoping for an RE9 reveal, but major announcements like never happen at events like this.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Showcase was pretty good! Subnautica 2 and Phasmophobia alone were pretty huge announcements. The Mouse: PI for Hire announcement was great because that was going to be PC only originally.

Good to see Xbox partnering with Remedy and Konami. I was hoping for an RE9 reveal, but major announcements like never happen at events like this.

RE9 would be announced at one of the big showcases. The main Xbox showcase in June, a PlayStation Showcase, Summer Game Fest or The Game Awards.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Subnautica 2 is a big get for Game Pass on day one, I didn't even notice it at first, Lol. As is a Remedy original as well (technically, it's in the Alan Wake/Control universe), not my kind of thing since I'm not big into multiplayer titles anymore but still, Remedy more often than not delivers so I'll remain open-minded. Decent showing from Game Pass this event.

Wheel World is from Annapurna so likely going to be another indie gem from them, I'll give Annapurna about 1-2 year of releases before I start not thinking this anymore because they lost their entire publishing team but something like Wheel World would have been signed years ago. Eternal Strands is another nice get since Yellowbrick Games is made up of ex-Bioware veterans. Wuchang looked good, another nice get for Game Pass.

Some other things of note, Alan Wake 2 Expansion, Cronos, Like a Dragon, Mouse PI, Animal Well, Phasmophobia. Though I wish Animal Well and Phasmophobia also came to Game Pass but I'll very likely just buy Animal Well, it was highly critically acclaimed and I'm glad to see it on Xbox after some thought it might not, apparently Dunky and Xbox didn't have the best relationship, Lol.

Phasmophobia would have been a huge get for Game Pass as well...Anyways, Cronos looked interesting, I hope it continues Bloober's success, they've been cooking lately, feels like the only thing holding them back was budget, they asked people for a chance with Silent Hill and they proved themselves so I'm going to give them a chance with Cronos (plus it looked good).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 12 hours ago

G2ThaUNiT said:

Definitely, Subnautica is a big get for Game Pass. But Phasmophobia's finally debuting on console and it's absolutely massive on PC, Lol. Console players been waiting for years and it's perfecting timing with Halloween. Felt like the huge indies headlined this event, sprinkled in with a new announcement from a known studio like Remedy and games from new studios.

Around the Network

Neva was an absolutely beautiful game...Now...I was going to kick off spooky month with a bunch of horror films but now I want to play Animal Well, Lol. Fml. Can't exactly play it in November cause I'll be busy with Dragon Age if I get that then Stalker 2 at the end of the month...Maybe December? Or lets see how many horror films I blast through, maybe I'll have some time in October I think I need about 10 more games before the end of the year to reach my goal, I don't think it's happening, Lol. Animal Well, Dragon Age, Stalker 2, Indiana Jones is only 4.

How long/difficult is it?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 12 hours ago

Subnautica was one of my favourite games last gen and was one of those early access exclusives on xbox, subnautica 2 is also the early access version and exclusive to xbox. On paper it is great but the early access time with the original game wasn't great because it became a running joke that almost each update you had to start a new game or the phrase 'hey guys are you playing or crashing subnautica ^_^'? Was also a recurring theme. It also is going to have multiplayer can be great...

That was a whole bunch of literally nothing. May as well been a black screen the entire time.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

That was a whole bunch of literally nothing. May as well been a black screen the entire time.

Yakuza is worth a buy.... apart from that thought both Mouse P.I and Mistfall looked like they could be interesting.
If I had gamepass, and they went there, I'd atleast give them a try.

It wasn't that bad, but yeah, nothing that made you jump out your seat in joy, from a new revel or anything that looked super amasing.

Also why were there so many shooters/games with like horror themes? is it because its soon Halloween?

It wasn't bad at all.  Some interesting games like  mouse pi, chronos and eternal strands. Yakuza games are always fun.

Plasma phobia is an old game as it's been on pc for a long time but it's a good game. Done by a small tesm

Mistfall hunter looks decent but I hate souls like games as they always lack storytelling and game play is boring.

Legend of baboo looks like an old school platformer which are fun and it looks nice. Reminds me of that platformer that was exclusive on PS5 kena!. 

Good to see some variety but industry needs to stop making too many souls like games..new are just used to same old style of games and expect more of it which is bad for the industry.

Jrpg fan said:

No thread for the Xbox Partner Preview?

Alan Wake II - Lakeside, a small expansion/dlc.
Chronos - The new dawn
Blindfire (multipler online shooter?)
Like a Dragon - Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii
Mouse P.I For Hire (cuphead guys, 1st person shooter fps, in black and white)
Subnautica 2
Animal Well (now on xbox)
EdensZero ?? (meh)
Eternal Strands ?? (didn't really catch name, looks meh)
Mistfall Hunter (looks decent)
Wheel World (wtf? a Cell shaded cykle bike racer?)
Phanmorphia ? (didnt catch name) (looks dated, horror)
The Legend of Baboq ? looking very meh too.
Wuchang - fallen feathers ? looks okay.
FireBreak (multiplayer online shooter, meh)

The stands outs, where without a doubt.... Yakuza, and Mouse P.I (for its artstyle), and Mistfall Hunter.
Alot of these 3rd party games, are just not my cup of tea lol.

What are you guys thoughts?