By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 2 100.00%

No 0 0%

Still need convincing (sp... 0 0%

Total:2

Idk if this has been covered, but Tango's "Pentiment" level game is called Hi-Fi Rush. The only comparison that rumors are stating is Jet Set Radio! But it's heavily rumored that it's more in the art style department than gameplay lol. I'm interested to see what this turns out to be!

Hi-Fi Rush was trademarked by ZeniMax back in 2020. 

Around the Network

Idas Said:

MLex has a new report about the review process in Japan:

- It is believed that the deal has yet to be formally notified.

- In June 2022, the Japan Fair Trade Commission (JFTC) called for third-party views about the deal, even though it was at a "Phase I review" (I guess they mean pre-notification talks if it hasn't been notified yet). It was due to a new initiative to seek information about competition concerns in the digital markets at an early stage.

- Similar issues that Western regulators are being analysed (gaming market, cloud gaming, ecosystem advantages, etc).

- There hasn't been an uproar against the planned merger from the Japanese gaming industry or community.

- The JFTC hasn't blocked a deal in decades and usually accepts behavioural remedies

- According to the "2022 CESA Games White Paper," published in August 2022, Nintendo has 74.8%, Sony 23.4% and Microsoft's 1.8% of the Japanese market.

- The JFTC is known to analyse global deals in similar ways as Western regulators and approving the same conditions soon after its peers' decisions.

- The timing of the Japanese review will depend on MS's strategy, but maybe the JFTC wants to avoid affecting the FTC's court battle by giving an early clearance with easy conditions.

- In any case, it's not even clear if the JFTC would announce its decision because they don't have a legal obligation to disclose an initial-review result.

Chile's Partial Report.

The FNE approved in Phase 1 the concentration operation consisting of the acquisition of control in Activision Blizzard, Inc (ABK) by Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft), after ruling out that it is suitable to substantially reduce competition.

These companies carry out activities in the same segments: development, publication and distribution of video games; and on different levels, when Microsoft produces the Xbox console and other video game platforms, such as GamePass, so their activities overlap both horizontally and vertically.

The Prosecutor's Office considered that the operation was not suitable to substantially reduce competition considering, among other evidence, patterns and preferences of video game consumers in Chile.

In its analysis of horizontal effects, the investigation ruled out risks, considering that in markets where the parties overlap their activities (development and publication of video games, distribution of computer games and sale of merchandising and digital graphic advertising) the market concentration thresholds set out in the Guide were not exceeded. of Analysis of Horizontal Concentration Operations of 2022, and that a large number of relevant competitors and a dynamic market were observed.

In the vertical risk assessment, the eventual blocking of inputs was ruled out, consisting of Microsoft, after acquiring ABK, ceasing to provide games such as Call of Duty to its competitors. This considers, among other arguments, that ABK faces competitive pressure from actors such as Electronic Arts, Take Two, Ubisoft and Epic Games, Sony and Nintendo, and that the relevance of Call of Duty would be comparatively lower in Latin America than in other regions of the world.

It was also considered that the number of consumers who would prefer to switch consoles over a blocking strategy would also be lower, which was verified by a survey of Chilean consumers, and that the significant revenue generated by Playstation in favor of ABK would discourage the adoption of a blocking strategy.

In its analysis, the FNE also ruled out the risks of tipping in the commercialization of new generation consoles and subscription services (such as GamePass), since ABK video games, although important, are not the most relevant for consumers in Latin America and that the players in this market offer highly differentiated services.

Tipping occurs when, once a certain scale of operation has been exceeded, markets tend to concentrate and eventually close under a single or dominant player.

In relation to a possible risk of blocking customers, the Prosecutor's Office concluded that Microsoft will not stop demanding video games published by third parties, since the distribution market for computer video games has shown significant dynamism with the entry of new relevant players, highlighting the leading position held by Steam.

On the other hand, in the console video game distribution market, there is significant competitive pressure from Sony and Nintendo, which would discipline the resulting entity and operate as a relevant substitute customer for competing publishers, among which are various players and some of them are particularly relevant.

FNE Approves Microsoft Corporation's Acquisition of Activision Blizzard

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 December 2022

trunkswd said:

Really? something good about my country?

I am shocked.

I didn't know Lulu only joined Activision-Blizzard in October 2022...She has a lot of fire for someone so new, Lol.

Honestly, South America and Asian countries should approve this deal very easily, Xbox is basically non-existent in those regions.

Hope Japan is soon, it could give a kick up the ass to other Asian countries.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 December 2022

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Didn't know Lulu only joined ABK on October 2022.

Honestly South America/Asia should be approving this deal fairly easy...Xbox is basically non-existent there.

Yay, go Xbox sucking in the South American and Asian markets!!!

Lol, if Redfall is May then Starfield is 100% delayed to Fall/Holiday.

Called it. 👀

Ryuu96 said:

Called it. 👀

I don't ordinarily watch his videos, but I just watched colteastwood's latest video regarding the showcase, and he claims sources are saying Starfield will release BEFORE Redfall. Either March or April. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Called it. 👀

I don't ordinarily watch his videos, but I just watched colteastwood's latest video regarding the showcase, and he claims sources are saying Starfield will release BEFORE Redfall. Either March or April. 

Colt seems like a decent dude.

But I don't think I've ever seen him do a legit leak

Strong doubt Starfield is before Redfall when Starfield was after Redfall for 2022 by around 3 months.

Guess we shall find out soonish.

gtotheunit91 said:

I found a new guy(to me) I never heard off before, he'll probably have a video on this tonight.  I think it was a Jaywood and some numbers after his name.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.