By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Contracts take time to clear, ports take time to make, business directions take time to change, it's pretty damn obvious though that Square Enix is shifting more towards Xbox, a single missing remake does not change that fact, it isn't just words and FF16 is all but guaranteed to come to Xbox at this stage, Romanic Saga 2 Remake...I don't know but I'm sure it will come eventually considering bloody Octopath Traveller 2 and Fantasian have, Lol.

I doubt Romancing Saga will come to Xbox honestly. Square gave Xbox gamers two chances to buy Romancing Games, the ports of OG Romancing Saga 2 and 3, and both flopped hard, especially 3, TA tracks Romancing 2 at 1422 players and Romancing 3 at just 420 players, various random cheap indie ports did better numbers on Xbox than that over the years. I'm sure that factored into Square's decision to skip Xbox on their remake of Romancing Saga 2. 

Octopath 2 port makes sense since Octopath 1 was a big success on Xbox through Gamepass, Octopath 2 only released 2 and a half months ago and already has 18k players on TA, more than 10x higher than either of their Romancing ports. As for Fantasian, Sakaguchi himself could have fought for that or Square could have done research and looked at the sales numbers of older Mistwalker games on Xbox. 

I'd say the most likely ports of older Square games for Xbox in the future are the missing Final Fantasy games, Trials of Mana remake (if Visions of Mana does good numbers), and more of their HD 2D games since Octopath 2 did pretty well (the Star Ocean HD-2D remakes, Live A Live HD-2D, etc.).

Around the Network

It's concerning we are close to Space Marine 2 launch and no console footage has been shown. Is this going to be a Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 situation?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

It's concerning we are close to Space Marine 2 launch and no console footage has been shown. Is this going to be a Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 situation?

Would be concerned if they don't send any console review codes out like Wukong.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I dipped in and out of this stream a few times and watched many multi-player matches.  I was going to wait until the next CoD before purchasing another, but damn it, this one is going to be glorious.  

Seeing my first ESO arguments in 3 years of playing 🥲

Age of Mythology is #10 Global Top Seller on Steam for Premium Early Access - 92% Review Rating.

I can't play it yet though, I have to finish The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road first.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 August 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Age of Mythology #10 Global Top Seller on Steam, 92% Review Rating.

I can't play it yet though, I have to finish TESO Gold Road still.

Already at 1000 reviews in less than 24 hours with still 6 days to go until its official launch. I'd say the game is going to do incredibly well