By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Idk how, but I'm barely getting around to Ace Combat 7. I forgot how insanely fun this series is! It's like the Forza Horizon of flight simulation games. I'm surprised how deep the story is tbh lol. Makes me want to dig out my 360 and copy of Ace Combat 6 for nostalgia!

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Idk how, but I'm barely getting around to Ace Combat 7. I forgot how insanely fun this series is! It's like the Forza Horizon of flight simulation games. I'm surprised how deep the story is tbh lol. Makes me want to dig out my 360 and copy of Ace Combat 6 for nostalgia!

Should be getting AC8 in 2025 probably, that gives them 6 years since AC7 to make it and it's the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

Bandai Namco's Soul Calibur and Tales of also have 30th anniversaries next year, really hope all 3 series get a new game next year.

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Should be getting AC8 in 2025 probably, that gives them 6 years since AC7 to make it and it's the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

Bandai Namco's Soul Calibur and Tales of also have 30th anniversaries next year, really hope all 3 series get a new game next year.

Probably too soon for a new SC and Tales. Doubt it. Arise also not that long ago and taking longer to make new stuff. AC8 maybe. Others I'd guess some remasters. At least for Tales. Soul Cal? I dunno maybe a tweet from Namco Japan celebrating 30 years.  Maybe some DLC for VI.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
shikamaru317 said:

Probably too soon for a new SC and Tales. Doubt it. Arise also not that long ago and taking longer to make new stuff. AC8 maybe. Others I'd guess some remasters. At least for Tales. Soul Cal? I dunno maybe a tweet from Namco Japan celebrating 30 years.  Maybe some DLC for VI.

Soul Calibur is the least likely of the 3, I agree. Bandai Namco didn't seem happy with the sales on SC6, only 2m in the first 2.7 years, and ended DLC support for it after just 8 characters, with quite alot of franchise characters missing.

Tales could happen, 2025 marks 4 years since Arise, and in the past they have often released Tales games with gaps between 1 and 3 years. Arise itself took 5 years, but they were rebuilding the Tales team after series producer Hideo Baba left as well as the directors on the previous games leaving, and had to learn an all new engine, Unreal 4, after dropping the old in-house PS3 engine that they had used on the PS3/PS4 cross-gen games (Zestiria and Berseria). Now that the team is built and they all have Unreal Engine experience, development on the next Tales should in theory be faster than the 5 years on Arise, so a 4 year gap makes sense. 

AC8 is the most likely to happen, Bandai Namco seemed very pleased with it's sales (highest in the series), and 2025 gives them 6 years to make it. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 August 2024

Still doubt Tales. They also did that DLC for it recently. It may have been a test for an upcoming project but I do believe there is another rumored Remaster. Aside from Vesperia never thought highly of Tales series. Arise is ok if a bit vanilla. What I am hoping for is an announcement for Scarlet Nexus 2. That game was awesome.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Air combat released in 93 in arcades tho.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 06 August 2024

DroidKnight said:

Game has been good fun but does have many fundamental flaws. The game is stupid short. The devs said there was going to be a bigger focus on narrative, and it’s just a narrative sentence between each mission. Which I guess is better than nothing, but there’s only 7 missions in the game and each mission is 10-15 minutes. So you’ll finish the game in less than 2 hours unless you’re on a high difficulty.

The upgrade system is completely unintuitive to understand initially how you’re supposed to operate those menus, some pretty rough framerate when there’s too many explosions happening on screen, it doesn’t do a good job in letting you know who is a ground unit and who is an air unit.

Also, you can’t customize your shot pattern until after you’ve beaten the game….which was a pretty big selling point. I guess as a way for forced replayability. There is an Arcade mode after you beat the game as well.

The game has good bones that can be much more thoroughly fleshed out with a sequel. It’s a fun 6/10 currently. You’re mainly paying for the graphics, which I can’t deny are gorgeous! All the constant explosions do a great job at hiding enemy projectiles too

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.