By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

So, I've been looking at John Welfare's daily Walmart xbox sales over at Twitter/X, and over the last 3 days, the percentage increase has grown quite a bit. It's gone from 300 units sold daily all the way to 1,600 units daily the past 3 days (433% daily increase). While I wouldn't call these units super high or anything, it's the % increase that's noteworthy here. And of course, I think we can all agree this is mainly due to College Football. Let's see how long Xbox is able to continue to sell at around the same amount (~1,600 units). And let's also not forget College Football is having the same impact on Xbox sales at other retailers as well, so it's not just Walmart alone here.

July Xbox Sold
7 300
8 300
9 300
10 300
11 300
12 300
13 300
14 700
15 1,600
16 1,600
17 1,600

Source: Nextgeneration on ResetEra

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 July 2024

Not surprised, heard S1 was bad, heard S2 was a lot better, still not great but good enough but it probably isn't hitting the viewers needed for the budget required, especially with the absolute shitshow that Paramount is going through lately which will likely lead to mass layoffs and cancellations. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon picks it up.

According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, Xbox, Amblin TV, and 343 Industries will try to shop the series to other outlets.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 July 2024

Around the Network

Can't say I'm surprised by the Halo show cancellation. If they had followed the games better from the beginning things may have been different, but they made far too many changes that drove away fans of the games, which coupled with a CGI heavy high budget is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 July 2024

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Finding my local EB game stores are scaling down their Xbox physical libraries on offer here in Australia... Which is disappointing for physical collectors like myself.

Hopefully it's just a temporary alignment to hardware sales, rather than a permanent change with the times.
I'm not ready to give up physical.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Finding my local EB game stores are scaling down their Xbox physical libraries on offer here in Australia... Which is disappointing for physical collectors like myself.

Hopefully it's just a temporary alignment to hardware sales, rather than a permanent change with the times.
I'm not ready to give up physical.

It's real. Same here in NZ. Xbox bought marketing rights for all the Atlus games, yet they were the only system that didn't have the steelbook edition for SMTV. They don't have the collector's edition for Metaphor on Xbox, which is an EB Games exclusive. I couldn't find any physical version of Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth on Xbox, though it supposedly does exist; must be in the same warehouse with the lost ark. It's just pitiful and frustrating.

Looks like the majority of Bethesda Game Studios is unionising.

Good. All of Xbox should unionise after those fucking layoffs.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 July 2024