By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

I see some are focused on the "launch exclusives" wording, but I actually think it's a fine statement.

The key take aways here should be:

A) Xbox will do more multiplatform releases going forward, some on day one, some later. Case-by-case.
B) Xbox will still have exclusive games, they understand it's core to the value of their business and especially the console.
C) Xbox first-party is this huge thing these days where they can balance it out to cater both.

Some want more transparency, an I get it, but the truth is these decisions are indeed made on a case-by-case basis and as such generalised statements are simply not possible.

Putting aside what I personally think of this, I think the expectation they set here is clear. Multiplatform, yes, full multiplatform, no.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Looks like there is another game in development using id Tech. Codenamed "Motor"

Only id Software and MachineGames still use the engine. So I'm guessing either Wolfenstein 3 or Quake. 

Motor? Rage 3? Lol.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Looks like there is another game in development using id Tech. Codenamed "Motor"

Only id Software and MachineGames still use the engine. So I'm guessing either Wolfenstein 3 or Quake. 

Wolfenstein 3 please, hopefully they learn from the mistakes in youngblood which was a disaster

Ryuu96 said:

Well deserved, the showcase was exceptional. Now the games must deliver

Ryuu96 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Motor? Rage 3? Lol.

I was thinking about that, which it honestly probably is, but that would be an interesting choice considering neither game sold particularly well, especially Rage 2, but also Rage 2 didn't use id Tech. Avalanche (who's currently still stuck on Contraband) used their proprietary Apex Engine.

So unless id Software is making Rage 3 in-house or partnering with someone else. Still would be funny at the thought that id would rather make a Rage 3 than a new Quake lol

Around the Network
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Wolfenstein 3 please, hopefully they learn from the mistakes in youngblood which was a disaster

Yeah, Youngblood looks to have been an attempt by Bethesda to get into the live service/microtransaction market after previous disappointing sales of Wolfenstein 2, Prey, Dishonored 2, and The Evil Within 2. 

That ultimately led to releases like Youngblood, Redfall, Fallout 76, and Rage 2. Which didn't pan out well. At least in FO76's case, they really managed to turn that around. 

I'm personally hoping it's Wolfenstein 3. They gotta finish that story!

During the showcase, first-party titles DOOM: The Dark AgesFable, and South of Midnight were all slated for 2025, while Gears of War: E-DayPerfect Dark, and State of Decay 3 were not given release years at all. Per Booty, this is due to wanting to find the exact right time to launch a game, while making sure it doesn't conflict with another first-party or third-party title, namedropping Grand Theft Auto 6 as a game the entire industry wants to avoid.

🤣🤣🤣

Everyone will be avoiding GTA 6.

Finished still wakes the deep:

+ Setting makes it for me, oil rig + waves crashing against it continiously, rain brushing against the windows, the amount of detail in some parts of the game.

+ It isn't the typical you are alone in a place with some monster(s) but it feels lived and the contact with NPC's trough the story makes it not dull

+ Length 5-10 hours, the game is relatively simple, also monster encouncters don't feel like a drag, game is extremely well paced

+- Game may feel very linear but for me it works, games with monsters + big place that makes you easy get lost or has annoying puzzles make me stress out.

- There are English in the game

8-8.5 as a reviewer but as myself I would give it a 9/10

G2ThaUNiT said:
Ryuu96 said:

Motor? Rage 3? Lol.

I was thinking about that, which it honestly probably is, but that would be an interesting choice considering neither game sold particularly well, especially Rage 2, but also Rage 2 didn't use id Tech. Avalanche (who's currently still stuck on Contraband) used their proprietary Apex Engine.

So unless id Software is making Rage 3 in-house or partnering with someone else. Still would be funny at the thought that id would rather make a Rage 3 than a new Quake lol

Either Rage 3 or Wolf 3 would be amazing.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.