By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

Still wakes the deep is fun, so far the pacing is fantastic and easy to get into the story...

Around the Network

Mnementh said:

We got some new Xbox+Nintendo love energy: https://www.purexbox.com/features/reaction-xbox-and-nintendo-continue-to-deliver-with-major-summer-showcases

They need to use that love energy to finish getting the remaining Rare games on NSO!

Still missing Killer Instinct Gold, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Tooie, and Conker's Bad Fury Day. 

DK64 I have no earthly why that's not on NSO yet. I'm wondering if Rare has some sort of ownership over the original characters from DK64? But now that N64 Mature17+ is a thing, the door is wide open now for Conker's Bad Fur day

So it seems that the reason why Marvel VS Capcom collection isnt coming is because of the engine used to make the game isnt supported on Xbox as of 2022 apparently.

That sucks :(

BasilZero said:

So it seems that the reason why Marvel VS Capcom collection isnt coming is because of the engine used to make the game isnt supported on Xbox as of 2022 apparently.

That sucks :(

Yeah that seems to be the case. The only Capcom games that have skipped Xbox since 2022 have been ports from their MT Framework engine. Since Capcom switched to RE Engine and dropped MT Framework, not even the PS5 has been getting these ports. They're always listed as Switch, PS4, and PC. It would take an investment on Capcom's part to optimize the engine to port them to Xbox, which may not make much business sense. 

Microsoft could front that optimization, but I feel like if they were going to do that, they would've done it by now. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Yeah that seems to be the case. The only Capcom games that have skipped Xbox since 2022 have been ports from their MT Framework engine. Since Capcom switched to RE Engine and dropped MT Framework, not even the PS5 has been getting these ports. They're always listed as Switch, PS4, and PC. It would take an investment on Capcom's part to optimize the engine to port them to Xbox, which may not make much business sense. 

Microsoft could front that optimization, but I feel like if they were going to do that, they would've done it by now. 

I wonder what this means for the future when they port these games or other games to future platforms - if there's no b/c, then some of these games wont ever get ported over :(

BasilZero said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I wonder what this means for the future when they port these games or other games to future platforms - if there's no b/c, then some of these games wont ever get ported over :(

I'm not sure what other games are left to port tbh. Capcom for the most part has switched to RE Engine and are even working on the successor, the REX Engine, so I don't think there's going to be many more ports that Xbox will miss out on. It sucks though. Especially this Marvel vs Capcom collection! 

G2ThaUNiT said:

I'm not sure what other games are left to port tbh. Capcom for the most part has switched to RE Engine and are even working on the successor, the REX Engine, so I don't think there's going to be many more ports that Xbox will miss out on. It sucks though. Especially this Marvel vs Capcom collection! 

Plenty of games to port over.

Capcom VS SNK 1 and 2

Tatsunoko VS Capcom

Rival Schools

Final Fight 3

Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness

Powerstone 1 and 2

Heavy Metal: Geomatrix

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future

Onimusha Blade Warriors

(Not sure what engines these use but there's plenty and more to port over lol)

Just now got my internet repaired. Been down most of the day, sorry for not meeting my thread obligations.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Just now got my internet repaired. Been down most of the day, sorry for not meeting my thread obligations.

You should be ashamed!

Spoiler!
/s just in case