By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
VersusEvil said:

Midori turned out to be some random white American dude pretending to be a Japanese female 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

An anonymous Twitter insider turned out to be a fraud?! I'm shocked! /s.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Dulfite said:

I'm aware of the difference between a remaster and a remake. It's been while, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I thought the game was brand new in a new engine back with MCC? Or maybe just the cut scenes were that new and I'm remembering wrong.

The only game updated for MCC (including offline rendered CG cutscenes made by Blur Studios) was Halo 2 so I think you may be confusing Halo CE with Halo 2 there. Let's call it Halo 2 Anniversary. That game was remastered quite well and kept the artistic intent largely in-tact from the original.

Halo CE also received a 10 year anniversary "remaster" but that was before MCC in 2011. It was called Halo: CE Anniversary, was released originally on the 360, and it was included in MCC. I'm calling both Halo: CE Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary remasters instead of remakes because the graphics were fully redone but the actual game logic was running on the original engine so that the games played identically to their older counterparts. 

And yeah, the majority of the Halo community agrees that Halo: CE Anniversary was a poorly done remaster in terms of not paying enough respect to the original vision, design, and atmosphere of Halo: CE. So I can understand that fans of the original game wouldn't mind that one getting another shot. 

I'd personally rather they spent the time and resources trying to build a more exciting future for the franchise instead of squeezing the past for all its worth and potentially screwing up in the process. I know the executive team at 343 has completely changed but with how the series has been treated for the last decade plus, the doubt in my head going into anything they'd show that is trying to relive the past would give them quite the uphill battle in instilling confidence. 

I view it as:

Remastered = Upscaled, better resolution, improved textures. Like the Final Fantasy Pixel remasters and the 3d Mario remasters.

Remake = Brand new graphics built from the ground up, but the same game. Like Paper Mario TTYD and Super Mario RPG remakes.

Re-imagined = Like a remake, but with changes to game mechanics, story, setting. Like Final Fantasy 7 R.

I'm playing the Alpha 3, and wow, ARA looks a LOT better than the last technical tests. I have to say that I'm enjoying it.
I was disappointed last time and stopped playing after an hour, but this time around, I'm sticking to it. I will give it a few more hours of testing, but this is looking good.
This is not a Civ replacement but will hold its spot in the 4X genre.

Imaginedvl said:

I'm playing the Alpha 3, and wow, ARA looks a LOT better than the last technical tests. I have to say that I'm enjoying it.
I was disappointed last time and stopped playing after an hour, but this time around, I'm sticking to it. I will give it a few more hours of testing, but this is looking good.
This is not a Civ replacement but will hold its spot in the 4X genre.

Without giving away too much, what about this latest alpha is leaving a bigger impression on you?

Tom Warren Newsletter

Sources tell me Microsoft is currently targeting Fable to release between October and December 2025

Microsoft didn't put a date or release window on Gears of War: E-Day, but a few months back, I'd heard it was targeting a release in 2025 — ahead of even Fable. That may have changed by now, so the lack of a release window gives The Coalition some breathing room here.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 June 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Tom Warren Newsletter

Sources tell me Microsoft is currently targeting Fable to release between October and December 2025

Microsoft didn't put a date or release window on Gears of War: E-Day, but a few months back, I'd heard it was targeting a release in 2025 — ahead of even Fable. That may have changed by now, so the lack of a release window gives The Coalition some breathing room here.

I'd think South of Midnight would be early 2025 and Doom in summer 2015. Fable as the big holiday title (alongside CoD) makes more sense than the other 2. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

G2ThaUNiT said:

I wonder what will be in Gamescom's show? Probably stuff like Towerborne and Ara which were surprisingly absent at the summer show.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Tom Warren Newsletter

I'd think South of Midnight would be early 2025 and Doom in summer 2015. Fable as the big holiday title (alongside CoD) makes more sense than the other 2. 

Since we still don't have release dates for Avowed, Towerborne, or Indiana Jones outside of "2024" still, there's a chance one of those could be early 2025 as well. Maaaaaaybe a chance at Shattered Space being pushed to early 2025 since it's odd that an expansion doesn't have a release date yet either, but that's unlikely to me. 

derpysquirtle64 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

I wonder what will be in Gamescom's show? Probably stuff like Towerborne and Ara which were surprisingly absent at the summer show.

Yeah Towerborne for sure. Ara, maybe a launch trailer, because it was confirmed on the Xbox podcast yesterday that Ara will be launching September 24th. I guess there just wasn't enough room in the showcase.

We'll probably get release dates as well for games at the showcase slated for 2024 but for whatever reason didn't get exact dates. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
trunkswd said:

Since we still don't have release dates for Avowed, Towerborne, or Indiana Jones outside of "2024" still, there's a chance one of those could be early 2025 as well. Maaaaaaybe a chance at Shattered Space being pushed to early 2025 since it's odd that an expansion doesn't have a release date yet either, but that's unlikely to me. 

Yeah possibly with one of them getting delayed. But we will likely know more with release dates at Gamescom in August. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.