By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:
NightF0x73 said:

I know it's not very important but seeing Xbox at 200k in April is quite depressing.

But then I remember I probably care more about Xbox than Microsoft themself.

No marketing for the console in Europe.
No marketing for the games.

I can't get over it but the 360 era (and my childhood) are trully no more...

(Sorry for the doom & gloom)

You definitely do care more. To Microsoft, Xbox as a console is viewed as a convenient tool used to get you into Game Pass. 

To Microsoft, Game Pass is the marketing. Every game shown has Game Pass on it. Every console trailer has Game Pass on it. Game Pass has its own dedicated trailers. Cloud streaming is only available on Game Pass. 

Every facet of their business model is around Game Pass for better or worse. Everything else is just a nice cherry on top, like third party sales. 

It also doesn't help that there's an internal battle over the future of Xbox, which the top of the food chain is always going to win out. 

Sorry but it's sad that you're 100% right about every word of your response, particularly about last part *smh*

Around the Network

Sales are just completely abysmal. I still think they should have tried putting more stock on shelf when they had the chance. Instead, they used up supply for xcloud and let Playstation run with it when to got their sh*t together. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered, we will never know, but it feels very stupid in hindsight and complete screw up from Phil Spencer.

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/it-seems-that-xbox-sacrificed-xbox-series-x-sales-to-build-cloud-gaming-servers

On another note, I now own 150 Xbox 360 games ;) Now that was a beast of a system!

In Spain, even the PS4 outsold the Series in May..... Xbox is a dead as it can be in Europe.

One of those weeks: https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-espana-nintendo-recibe-las-comuniones-como-agua-de-mayo-1161413/

I'm assuming this includes the CoD Direct.

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

In Spain, even the PS4 outsold the Series in May..... Xbox is a dead as it can be in Europe.

One of those weeks: https://www.gamereactor.es/ventas-espana-nintendo-recibe-las-comuniones-como-agua-de-mayo-1161413/

God damn  

I think it's safe to say that MS's plan of Game Pass carrying the entire Xbox ecosystem isn't going well. They really need to open up that marketing wallet of MS's battle chest to market the hell out of their games. I'd even take Activision taking over marketing for Xbox lol. 

FableAvowedGears CollectionIndiana Jones Harrison Ford make an appearance related to Indiana Jones
Project Mara is a no-showPerfect Dark is a no-showState of Decay 3Diablo 4 Vessel of hatredVision of Mana
Starfield Shattered SpaceClockwork Revolution

I will be sad because I will not watch the show, but happy cause it will be my daughter's Birthday ;)

Doom: The Dark AgesMore ABK titles are hitting Gamepass starting now
Elder Scroll is a no-show (remaster or new title)EverwildSouth of MidnightThe Outer World 2Age of Mythology
Flight Sim 2024Project MaverickTowerbornePersona 6New Hardware related news 

Harrison Ford should make an appearance for the Indiana Jones game. Im sure that game is 100 times better than the turd that was Dial Of Destiny.

I do have one request if the Marcus Fenix collection turns out to be true. Add the Mad World song into the announcement trailer!