By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47
BasilZero said:

I've started playing Gears of War 2 (X360) via my Xbox Series X.

Game looks rough in comparison to Gears 1 Ultimate but thats to be expected - still looks good.

This is my first time playing through Gears of War 2 - I've only played Gears 1 Ultimate (both on Xbox GamePass PC and on Xbox One via my Series S) and Gears of War 4 on Xbox GamePass PC.

I plan to play in the future (Gears series wise)

-Gears of War 3 (XBX)
-Gears of War Judgment (XBX)
-Gears of War 4 (XBX)
-Gears of War 5 (XBX)
-Gears of War 5 (Steam)
-Gears Tactics (XBX)
-Gears Tactics (Steam)

(The steam versions likely in far future since I'll be first playing them on my Xbox).

Cant wait to see what the next Gears game will be like.

Damn…….what I would give to re-experience the original trilogy again. Enjoy man! 

Around the Network

Todd Howard had nothing to say about future games though lol

G2ThaUNiT said:

Didn't play it before but whit those fix I will, If only as a last salute to a great studios.  

Machiavellian said:
Leynos said:

Because it's worth rewarding the devs directly because SMT deserves it. I'm not rich by any means. But I believe in supporting devs directly for good games rather than an indirect rental.

I am rewarding the devs by playing their game on the service they put their game on.  If they did not want people to play their game on the service they put their game on then they should not support the service.  MS has many different revenue tiers for developers, and they are definitely getting paid.  I purchased my sub for exactly this situation.  I do not play enough games, nor do I care to play a game on release as I have way to much going on between work, family, touching grass and friends.  So, if the model doesn't work for the developer, they should not use it because people like me are not going to purchase their game, but we definitely will give it a go at some point in time if it's on the service we are paying for.  While I am more than happy to give any developer my money for a game I really want to play, as stated, since I never played the series the only way I would be interested is to have a chance to play the game on a service I subscribe to.

Game pass undercuts sales. No no it's an indirect rental.  If rentals counted for games than man Hagane from Blockbuster would have been a break out hit on SNES.

Around the Network

Microsoft pays developers to include their game into Game Pass, some also have extra financial bonuses, such as if a game reaches a certain amount of players/downloads via Game Pass, Microsoft will pay them even more, so if you want to support a developer to the fullest extent, sub to Game Pass, play it via Game Pass and then when you're done, buy it and you cover all angles, if that's what you want to do.

I'll be having minor surgery soonish, I'll be either inactive or very inactive for a week or so (maybe shorter), I hope to God they don't schedule it over fucking June showcase, Lmao. But that'll be why I dip out for the thread if I do, when it happens, I trust you all to behave and don't get too heated with each other! G2's time to shine!

Ryuu96 said:

I'll be having minor surgery soonish, I'll be either inactive or very inactive for a week or so (maybe shorter), I hope to God they don't schedule it over fucking June showcase, Lmao. But that'll be why I dip out for the thread if I do, when it happens, I trust you all to behave and don't get too heated with each other! G2's time to shine!

Leynos said:
Machiavellian said:

I am rewarding the devs by playing their game on the service they put their game on.  If they did not want people to play their game on the service they put their game on then they should not support the service.  MS has many different revenue tiers for developers, and they are definitely getting paid.  I purchased my sub for exactly this situation.  I do not play enough games, nor do I care to play a game on release as I have way to much going on between work, family, touching grass and friends.  So, if the model doesn't work for the developer, they should not use it because people like me are not going to purchase their game, but we definitely will give it a go at some point in time if it's on the service we are paying for.  While I am more than happy to give any developer my money for a game I really want to play, as stated, since I never played the series the only way I would be interested is to have a chance to play the game on a service I subscribe to.

Game pass undercuts sales. No no it's an indirect rental.  If rentals counted for games than man Hagane from Blockbuster would have been a break out hit on SNES.

If it undercut sales, then why would any developer put their game on the service day one.  That does not make sense to no one.  Instead, a developer puts their game on the service day one because they are getting a nice bit of cash from MS including whatever extra revenue situation they have as well.  Lets stop trying to guess what developers get from putting their game on GP or even PS+ because no developer is going to short their money it does not make Finacial sense. Also, Blockbuster is the wrong company to use.  Use all the streaming music and media companies and what they give content creators for putting their content on their service.

Machiavellian said:
Leynos said:

If it undercut sales, then why would any developer put their game on the service day one.  That does not make sense to no one.  Instead, a developer puts their game on the service day one because they are getting a nice bit of cash from MS including whatever extra revenue situation they have as well.  Lets stop trying to guess what developers get from putting their game on GP or even PS+ because no developer is going to short their money it does not make Finacial sense. Also, Blockbuster is the wrong company to use.  Use all the streaming music and media companies and what they give content creators for putting their content on their service.

^ That...

I do not understand why people keep saying that GamePass is undercutting sales or bad for the industry.
It is like those businesses (Microsoft and all those studios putting their games on GamePass) have no idea what they are doing, but people outside of that loop seem to know better.

- Even if this PR dude posted on X that he thinks that Microsoft is dumb enough to set sales targets for their first-party studios regardless of the game availability on GamePass for PC/Xbox. This is not true, and it makes no sense at all to do that.

Developers are getting paid by Microsoft for putting their games on GamePass; they are compensated for sure; those studios are also not dumb. If they make a deal like that, it means that the money comes in, and we got a lot of feedback from those studios claiming precisely that: it was a good deal for them.