By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 20 42.55%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 57.45%

Total:47

The plan to move Xbox games to other platforms is codenamed "Latitude" internally, and I know there's debate and unease at Microsoft about whether or not this is a good idea. More upcoming Microsoft-owned games slated for PlayStation are already being developed. While it's true Microsoft is a prolific publisher on PlayStation already, it has typically revolved around specific franchises like Minecraft. From what I've heard, Microsoft is pushing for no "red line" for what games could come to PlayStation, and it all revolves around Satya Nadella and CFO Amy Hood's plans to increase every department's margins.

Windows Central

Around the Network

shikamaru317 said:

Interesting results here, seems like more people believe Xbox should either stop doing day one AAA releases on Gamepass or make them Gamepass Ultimate only, than believe Gamepass should stay as is, 3% more people as of now, 45% say to stay as is while a combined 48% say a change is needed to improve Xbox's profitability. 

If there's a day and date policy that need adjustment I think it is about Steam release. I would add a 1-2 weeks delay. Nothing to alienate consumer base there, but enough so that enthusiast and especially gamer who's interest have been captured by Marketing and/or PR event for a specific title get into MS ecosystem with added incentive for Xbox Store.

The No 1 reasons GamePass is still small on PC is because Steam is extremely ingrained and consumer have no incentive to look elsewhere making Xbox Store and GamePass pc harder to market.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Smh, 3 out of 4 seemed to flop on PS with only Sea of Thieves doing fairly well, but let's port more.

Considering it was the small titles that flopped on PS, this probably means the next batch are bigger titles like SoT, rest in peace Forza Horizon exclusivity. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 May 2024

2/4* Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment flopped (although probably not expecting much from Pentiment) Grounded charted great on the PS store and Sea of Thieves is from all evidence selling amazing. Though it kind of tells me that GAAS don't need to come day one to other platforms, to have an impact, hmm. But it could also be used as data to say that single-player titles need to come day one to have any impact, another hmm.

Could argue that the reason Sea of Thieves and Grounded did better is precisely because they're GAAS which continue to be supported/updated and thus GAAS don't need to arrive day one to all platforms and there can be a delay, it could also be argued that single-player titles are one and done and thus they need to be released everywhere on day one before people move on.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 May 2024

Ryuu96 said:

2/4* Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment flopped (although probably not expecting much from Pentiment) Grounded charted great on the PS store and Sea of Thieves is from all evidence selling amazing. Though it kind of tells me that GAAS don't need to come day one to other platforms, to have an impact, hmm. But it could also be used as data to say that single-player titles need to come day one to have any impact, another hmm.

Could argue that the reason Sea of Thieves and Grounded did better is precisely because they're GAAS which continue to be supported/updated and thus GAAS don't need to arrive day one to all platforms and there can be a delay, it could also be argued that single-player titles are one and done and thus they need to be released everywhere on day one before people move on.

PS and Nintendo didn't get the GAAS version of Grounded though. The Fully Yoked update both platforms received was the games final update. So what they got at launch is going to be it. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
Ryuu96 said:

PS and Nintendo didn't get the GAAS version of Grounded though. The Fully Yoked update both platforms received was the games final update. So what they got at launch is going to be it. 

True but I mean, they got a pretty huge update on launch, a wealth of content and millions of players still playing it and who they can also play with precisely because it was updated to this point. So it could be an interesting debate to be had that there's no damage done to GAAS titles by delaying their launches on other platforms, not that I think they will do that, I think they'll eventually be day one, I just think evidence so far shows us that GAAS aren't damaged by delayed launches.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 May 2024