By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

JFC......

Around the Network

"Your job is to help them accelerate how they do what they do, not them accelerate what you do"

"Not them accelerate what you do" - Exactly what they're doing now, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

G2ThaUNiT said:

JFC......

Damn, Klobrille dropping a bomb of their own words on them, ouch. 

This pitch is completely dead! lol 

Nadella is pretty much in "fuck them gamers" mode, Lol.

Think he's going to whip out his scythe to chase after the profits.

ABK had what, something like a 30-40% profit margin? Xbox/PS have profit margins under 10%.

Think Satya saw that when the ABK acquisition closed and said "get everything else up to that"

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

I'm going to be real here, if Phil has integrity at all, he should step down right now and cast the blame for this on Satya Nadella and Amy Hood, the only 2 people at Microsoft who could have overrode him on this decision. If he doesn't, that tells me he made this decision and that his words were lies all along. Personally I always suspected he was a liar, always did give me used car salesman vibes, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a long time. That benefit ends now. 

Now just to throw more salt in the hemorrhaging wound....

G2ThaUNiT said:

Matt Booty's statement goes directly against this statement, like they couldn't be more opposite, Lol.

If Phil genuinely believes this stuff then he should quit.

The good thing about Valve is they don't have studios to close /s.

Man I wish Switch 2 was actually super powerful so it could get more 3rd party support.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Now just to throw more salt in the hemorrhaging wound....

Yikes, if that is true this game is in straight up development hell. It got a soft reboot from the original just The Initiative build that the Sunset Overdrive guy worked on when Crystal Dynamics got brought in, and now we learn it's in trouble again. Safe bet we won't be seeing gameplay on the Summer showcase then. 

Honestly XGS in general seems like a hot mess in the years since their 2017 acquisition spree, we've now heard about some degree of development issues on:

• State of Decay 3
  • Fable
  • Perfect Dark
  • Halo Infinite
  • Avowed
  • South of Midnight

Not to mention that Hellblade 2 has spent like 2 years longer in development than the first game even though the game is the same length in terms of hours of content and the dev team is reportedly 3x larger or more.