By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hope Phil and leadership team don't show their face at the upcoming showcase.

Hope Bethesda employees make their anger known in some fashion.

Ryan's not going to ask Phil any tough questions and just kiss his ass.

Leadership team needs to go and ideally replaced by a studio employee who will actually fight for their employees.

Obsidian and InXile are just going to be turned into Fallout Studio #1 and Fallout Studio #2 aren't they? 💀

Probably Motorsport killed off and T10 put exclusively on Forza Horizon.

Around the Network

It's looking more and more like moving to PC as my primary platform was the right call. Under Spencer's vision, Xbox will continue to release games onto PC day one. Meanwhile, Xbox's hardware future seems shaky at best, it will be hard to recover from this gen, where sales are looking to be even lower than XB1 lifetime, even harder to recover with fewer exclusives as more and more Xbox games likely release onto Nintendo and Sony platforms to try and recoup budgets. It's hard to see any sort of bright future for Xbox right now, I worry these studio closures and recent Xbox games going multiplat are just the tip of the iceberg. And the timing of this decision, announcing these closures just a month before their big summer show, sure is a good way to kill hype.

I can’t believe that I woke up to this BS, Xbox has lost the plot man. I can Understand closing AA, Alpha Dog and Roundhouse but shutting down Tango is the dumbest move that they have made so far.

Their reputation is dead and this move will make em less trustworthy to Japanese devs, the XGS studios aren’t safe anymore.

not hyped for the showcase anymore

Good for Dinga.

Would throw my support towards any creative right now who decides to publicly tell MS to fuck itself and/or leave the company.

I really do think Josh Saywer will be tempted to leave after seeing this shitshow.

Really good Dinga Bakaba (Arkane Lyon) speaks out. Probably all other studios feel the same under Microsoft.

Hope this doesn't mark his end.

https://twitter.com/DBakaba/status/1787839169588265251?t=m0rYzv04zeviZwlzJ18Anw&s=19

Edit: woops, didnt see your post Ryuu

Around the Network

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft replaces Phil with Bobby Kotick

On a sidenote, I hope that Redfall Bite Back edition buyers start a class-action lawsuit against Xbox soon. With Arkane Austin closing, it has became clear that Redfall is no longer going to receive updates, which means that the two DLC characters they sold as part of the Bite Back edition aren't going to release.

shikamaru317 said:

On a sidenote, I hope that Redfall Bite Back edition buyers start a class-action lawsuit against Xbox soon. With Arkane Austin closing, it has became clear that Redfall is no longer going to receive updates, which means that the two DLC characters they sold as part of the Bite Back edition aren't going to release.

I hope they have a legal case but they say they will provide monetary equivalent back, I'm not sure if there's a legal case if Microsoft does that, I really hope there is one, they deserve to be sued but I feel like the judge will just be like "you've been refunded, case closed" even if it's not exactly what was promised.

Ryuu96 said:

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft replaces Phil with Bobby Kotick

To be honest, this kind of feels like the death of Xbox's day one gamepass plans. Somebody mentioned to me recently that the press release for this summer's showcase doesn't contain the word Gamepass anywhere in it. Now we learn that Gamepass player number success for HiFi (3m in 7 months) and Ghostwire Tokyo (6m players in a year and a half) weren't enough to save Tango from the executioner's axe. Meanwhile this statement about why the studios are closing says that Xbox plans to refocus on high-impact titles, meaning Zenimax titles with the strongest sales potential. It definitely reads like the whole Xbox schtick about how Gamepass allowed them to fuel creators' visions has failed, clearly Xbox's number crunchers want a game with high sales over a game with low-moderate sales and big Gamepass player numbers. 

Worried for Ninja Theory because Hellblade II will NOT sell huge amounts, that's obvious to anyone, Hellblade I didn't either and that was on all platforms, with how long Hellblade II has took and the technical prowess, they're probably next to be closed if it is only a modest success.

Worried for Obsidian too, Avowed I think will be great but Obsidian doesn't make gangbuster selling titles, it'll likely be another moderate success which means they'll be on the chopping block too unless they're pushed to work on Fallout but it would still result in huge layoffs at Obsidian.

This is what this does now, if I'm worried about studios closing then the employees are going to be terrified, a scared employee does not make for a good worker, how the fuck can you expect them to perform well when they're constantly thinking this could be the end for us?