By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Feels like all the financial dickheads have taken over Xbox all of a sudden and it's CUTS CUTS CUTS WE GOT TO GET THAT PROFIT MARGIN TO 30% NOW FUCK EVERYONE! CAPITALISM BABY! WE AT MICROSOFT PULLING TENS OF BILLIONS A YEAR IN PROFITS CAN'T PAY 200-300 EMPLOYEES! THE SHAREHOLDERS DEMAND EXPLOSIVE GROWTH!

Cutthroat Satya is one ruthless prick.

"Activision Acquired Xbox"

Why didn't they just let Tango spin off independently as well? Like they did with Toys for Bob? Why not let Arkane Austin spinoff independently but under a different name? The IPs would belong with Lyon anyway, these two options are 10000x better than shutting them down, how fucking cheap do you have to be that you can't let two studios with each less than 150 employees spin off independently?

Double Fine, Compulsion Games and Ninja Theory might as well end their contract with Microsoft and get their independence back cause it's clear they're going in on the Sony approach now of mega blockbusters only, niche and smaller products aren't allowed. Fucking Tango...Created a critically acclaimed title but too niche, bye Tango.

Josh Sawyer is going to be forced into the AAA coalmines permanently.

Might as well just go fully multiplatform now with absolutely everything if the financial twats are controlling everything now, I don't want to see studios die because Xbox/PC isn't enough, it's clear that Game Pass is no longer a safety blanket (I know HFR still flopped on PS but some other titles wouldn't) like what happens when Hellblade doesn't sell gangbusters? Multiplatform or death?

"These changes are grounded in prioritizing high-impact titles and further investing in Bethesda's portfolio of blockbuster games and beloved worlds which you have nurtured over many decades," wrote Matt Booty, head of Xbox Game Studios, in an email to employees Tuesday.

So basically, AAA blockbuster or death, amazing. We'll see a lot less A-AA titles from Xbox moving forward, what a lesson to learn from the horrific state of the AAA industry lately, to double down on it, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 May 2024

Imagine you buy studios because you know you aren't competitive and need more games especially for a regular output on Gamepass just to close some studios again and wonder why you won't put out enough games to let people buy into your service. Then they will lose important talents in some other studios as well because they see their future somewhere else and they will wonder why these other studios will release only crap games without their talents.

What's next? Ninja Theory or Double Fine because their games are to niche? Turn 10 because Forza Motorsport doesn't come close to Forza Horizon numbers?

From now on many other employees in other MS studios will also fear to lose their jobs and this in your head simply stops you from reaching 100% of your potential.

Seriously, especially for Gamepass they need a good output and not only a few Blockbusters of whom some might not interest you. That's not what you pay a monthly fee for. You pay it to have the freedom to try many different games and get into some a little deeper. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 07 May 2024

Around the Network

I’m honestly expecting Phil to out of nowhere step down.

There is no coming back from this. He clearly doesn’t have any sort of control as a supposed CEO that should be pushing back against stuff like this.

I don't understand why everyone is doubling down on AAA when it's such a fucking mess right now!!!

Is Nintendo the only one with some fucking sense?

Ryuu96 said:

I don't understand why everyone is doubling down on AAA when it's such a fucking mess right now!!!

Is Nintendo the only one with some fucking sense?

I mean, if there wouldn't be Gamepass I could at least understand it a little bit more but with Gamepass they simply need as many games as possible to have people always pay for it and never cancel the subscription again. 

MS needs many smaller games much more as Sony or Nintendo. 

Tango Gameworks shutting hurts soooo much. And why? Felt great to at least have one Japanese studio combined with there unique games!

This is an insane thing to think about as a possibility. I wouldn't even bother with new games anymore.