By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Based Fallout show frontrunners

That is why Fallout is better than most of the other recent adaptations. Others like TLOU, Witcher, Rings of Power, and Halo went out of their way to avoid comparisons to the source material and instead made significant changes, they even told the actors on TLOU to not play the games. By comparison Ella Purnell said that she was encouraged to play the games and did play Fallout 4 to prepare. 

The Last of Us shouldn't be in this list, Lol.

The show was amazing (I've watched it) and I'd only put it below Fallout precisely because it wasn't an original story but a retelling of a game story, now I've not played Last of Us but I know the major points of the videogame and general flow of the story and from what I could see, the major points were untouched. The show is also critically acclaimed by critics and fans, an 8.7 on IMDB and 89% on RT. Also Bella Ramsey was amazing, an actor can do a good job without reading source material if they have a good director and guidelines.

Around the Network

As much as I loved the TLOU show they removed the spores. That’s like Fallout removing the radiation lol. So in that regard. Fallout is simply a better show because they didn’t remove a significant plot point like TLOU did.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

As much as I loved the TLOU show they removed the spores. That’s like Fallout removing the radiation lol. So in that regard. Fallout is simply a better show because they didn’t remove a significant plot point like TLOU did.

I completely forgot about the spores, Lol, I didn't really care about the removal but maybe I would if I played the games.

Still, it was an amazing show and the spores removal evidently didn't affect that much with it being critically acclaimed by fans too, I actually see more of my stance even from PlayStation gamers that Fallout is the better show because it's an original story and not a retelling of another story that we already know about. Anyway, I've watched The Witcher, The Last of Us, Twisted Metal, Arcane, Fallout, Castlevania + Nocturne, DOTA: Dragon's Blood, Cyberpunk and I'd put my top 3 as Arcane, Fallout and The Last of Us in that order.

It'd be a lot easier to argue Twisted Metal instead of TLOU for Shika's list but I had fun with the TM show, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 May 2024

Well if we counting CP77: ER in there then Edgerunners is my favourite, heck I’ve been stanning best girl ever since it came out 😂 followed by Arcane followed by Fallout and the rest.

Next game ima work on 100%’ing in Viva Piñata. Put 6hrs into so I might as well just start new game. Maybe even throw in a replay of Orange Box in there. Need some positive energy.

Around the Network

Guys if the next Xbox is as powerful (comparatively) as the current Series X and has full access to all steam games (which will most likely include Sony heavy hitters) along with mouse and keyboard support - would this not be a spectacularly popular device??? I mean its basically a PC at a lower price point. I would most definitely prioritize a dual console/pc device over a console (and that includes PS6). I mean Sony would have to have some crazy 1st party lineup on launch to pull me away from a dual pc/console setup.

Hell they should launch that next year - then maybe I can save on buying a mid tier pc which costs an arm and a leg!

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

VersusEvil said:

Next game ima work on 100%’ing in Viva Piñata. Put 6hrs into so I might as well just start new game. Maybe even throw in a replay of Orange Box in there. Need some positive energy.

Man, I would love a new Viva Pinata.

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total: 23

VersusEvil said:

Rare's best game.

Shinobi-san said:

Guys if the next Xbox is as powerful (comparatively) as the current Series X and has full access to all steam games (which will most likely include Sony heavy hitters) along with mouse and keyboard support - would this not be a spectacularly popular device??? I mean its basically a PC at a lower price point. I would most definitely prioritize a dual console/pc device over a console (and that includes PS6). I mean Sony would have to have some crazy 1st party lineup on launch to pull me away from a dual pc/console setup.

Hell they should launch that next year - then maybe I can save on buying a mid tier pc which costs an arm and a leg!

I don't know if it would be that popular, I think still less than Xbox Series X total sales.

But I for one, would fucking love it and it's far more interesting to me than "just another console but slightly more powerful" fact is, "Gen Alpha" doesn't care about consoles like we do, we're the boomers now desperately trying to cling onto the past, I think Xbox trying to shake up things is more fun and interesting.

PixelPirate said:
VersusEvil said:

Man, I would love a new Viva Pinata.

I believe Everwild will be a spiritual successor of sorts.