By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:
Ryuu96 said:

Maybe more on the Xbox IP in 2023.

Willing to bet this ends up like Scalebound

Kojima using MS money to fund DS 2. 

Can Microsoft make that mistake again? If they let that happen again then Microsoft likes being taken advantage if Kojima announces another game besides DS2 before Whatever Microsoft IP has from Kojima?

Around the Network

Date: Mid February.

• Redfall Release Date & Gameplay.
  • Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty Trailer.
  • Starfield Release Date & Gameplay.
  • Goldeneye 007 Release Date.
  • Minecraft Legends Release Date.
  • Forza Motorsport Gameplay.
  • Game Pass Line-up Montage (Q1/Q2).
  • Focus on a Few Select Game Pass Titles.
  • Forza Horizon 5 - Expansion Announcement.
  • Halo Infinite Season 3 Content Trailer.
  • Sea of Thieves Season 9 Trailer.
  • Full Release of Game Pass Family Plan.
  • Xbox Cloud Gaming - Play Your Owned Games.
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 December 2022

and

• New unannounced game
  • New unannounced game
  • New unannounced game
  • New unannounced game

all with releases within 1 year

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

and

• New unannounced game
  • New unannounced game
  • New unannounced game
  • New unannounced game

all with releases within 1 year

I'd be surprised if they announce anything for Holiday 23 rather than just waiting 4-5 months until E3.

They have more than enough supposedly releasing in early 2023 between 1st party and Game Pass titles for a strong 30-40 minute livestream, along with all the missing extra features like Ubisoft Classics, Game Pass Family Plan and playing your owned titles through xCloud.

But who knows, maybe they reveal something like Belfry since it's a smaller title, they'll save the big guns for E3 though.

Idk why people keep even bringing up Goldeneye. As far as I understand, this is like the simplest form of remaster, yes? Who the fuck cares? That game isn't even moderately good by today's standards. Why is it even taking them this long to release?

Around the Network

If they announce some later things, I'd say Project Belfry and Project Midnight are the most likely, maybe I'd swap out Halo Infinite Season 3 for the Halo Infinite Battle Royale mode since it has been in development for years under Certain Affinity, they could do a beta for it, actually, they probably will regardless, Fortnite was in beta for years and it's a large enough mode to justify a beta.

Think it's possible (and I hope) that everyone (Sony, Nintendo, Xbox) is having an early 23 event.

This + Family Plan.

Feels like they just gave up on 2022 and decided to push everything to 23, Family Plan could have been big for Holiday/Christmas season.

So...Why I think they'll all be shoved into this event, or near this event.

Kick off the year big with games and services.

A purported survey posted on ResetEra suggests that Microsoft may be exploring an ad-supported tier of Xbox Game Pass, which also grants Xbox Live Gold. 

The cheaper tier would include all of Xbox's exclusive library of games, including major first-party titles six months after launch. Those games, however, would play ads upon launch to help fund the tier. 

If real, the purported tier would cost $3 dollars per month, and provide access to a variety of Xbox Game Pass content with some fairly generous limitations. It would include an EA Access-like vault of past first-party Xbox games, with a similar 6-month delay on new Xbox games from hitting the service. Those who accessed these download-only Xbox games via this tier would be asked to view an ad before the game starts rolling. 

Assuming the above table is real, this tier also includes online multiplayer access, which is currently $9.99 per month and offers no games beyond the severely-diminished Xbox Live Games with Gold program. Games with Gold now generally only includes two Xbox One indie titles per month, and has been the subject of criticism and derision for some time. 

This supposed ad-supported tier would aggressively undercut the monthly tier of Xbox Live Gold, potentially becoming a head-scratcher in this equation. Would Microsoft really be willing to sacrifice the $10 per month Xbox Live Gold subscription for this far cheaper version which also includes vast amounts of the best Xbox games? Would ad revenues be able to make up for the potential shortfall here? I, for one, am skeptical. Microsoft does offer Xbox Live Gold at $60 per year as well, working out to $5 per month, but even at this price, there's still a deficit to account for when accounting for millions of users. 

Is Microsoft Exploring a Cheaper Ad-Supported Xbox Game Pass 'Lite'? | Windows Central

Hmm.

This sounds like a way to kill off the individual Xbox Live Gold membership, instead converting it into a cheaper Game Pass tier. 6-month delay for a $3 service and Xbox Live Gold does make sense, but I suspect Xbox Live Gold pulls in profits way larger than Game Pass, hence the ads for the cheaper tier, but, ads are going to be a really hard pill to swallow for a lot of users.

They were never going to dump XBLG on its own without a catch though, it's just too much money, I do think this sounds better than keeping Gold on its own though, focus needs to be on Game Pass and GwG is awful. Actually, would this tier come with Deals with Gold as well? The ads should only be one at the start of boot up as well.

I was kind of expecting a xbox event soon because we don't know what's releasing on gamepass next weeks..

Anyway also bought some games in the sales including a ton of Square Enix games :).

Also we need the prices of SSD going down fast XD.

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 17 December 2022

Used a Image Translate, Lol.

This reads like 1st party only, not any 3rd parties.

This could be a way to get Game Pass onto Steam as well if it's a 1st party only tier. 🤔

Advertising before departure does sound like one ad at bootup of game. Apart from the ads, it sounds way better than Xbox Live Gold, it's notably cheaper with a catalogue of every 1st party title 6 months after launch, who needs shitty GwG if you have that?