By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Less than 2 hours to go!!!

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm guessing the hardware part was removed from the blog post not because they decided to kill the next gen hardware, but because the hardware they talked about for later this year was delayed or cancelled. Mid gen refresh consoles Holiday 2024 don't really make sense if next gen is Holiday 2026, just 2 years later.

Or even more simply, the marketing department doesn't want its job to be overstepped and properly control the messaging behind any announcement at a better time so they asked that part of the quote to be removed so they could do their job properly.

It's very unlikely that in 2 weeks they went from confident enough to announce or strongly insinuate a late-year release to a cancellation or delay.

Things can change in days,  we had the hard interview with Angryjoe and Hryb back in the day  with how xbox one needs to be always online and a few days later MS magically changed their always online policy.

konnichiwa said:
EpicRandy said:

Or even more simply, the marketing department doesn't want its job to be overstepped and properly control the messaging behind any announcement at a better time so they asked that part of the quote to be removed so they could do their job properly.

It's very unlikely that in 2 weeks they went from confident enough to announce or strongly insinuate a late-year release to a cancellation or delay.

Things can change in days,  we had the hard interview with Angryjoe and Hryb back in the day  with how xbox one needs to be always online and a few days later MS magically changed their always online policy.

Yes, Because consumers said they did not want it. That's material enough to make MS change their policy. Here we have nothing of the sort and the 2 week timeframe makes it very unlikely that something alike did pop. 

It is possible, something like AMD telling them the chip they need would need to be delayed or else could have happened, but It's just unlikely in that timeframe and after they were confident enough to make such a statement.

JRPGfan said:
Spade said:

Japanese games > Western games

Like we already didn't know this.  

What crazy is that of the western games listed there.... probably only 1 or 2 intrest me.
While with the Asian games list, apart from the 2 fighting games there, Id probably be intrested in all of them.

"look at the accomplishments of Asian games so far this year"

Def. looks better.

You guys are not getting my point.  Reviews be damned, its sales that count.  Japanese Devs are not making the return on their investment for the games they bring to market which is what moving them to put games on all platforms.  When I say Japan games are not cutting it, just look at the sales.  Then listen to them talk about expanding their market and how disappointing sales were.  MS spending a bunch of money in Japan is a waste of money, let the market get them on board as they do not get the same money from their investment like they used to.  Review means nothing if you are not getting a decent profit.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Let's go!!!!!

EDIT: The hell is it age restricted for? Age of Empires livestream fyi

https://twitter.com/eXtas1stv/status/1761068930892706199?t=0q6GH-ZqijiEgO47cPMrsg&s=08

All white digital Series X launching Q4 2024

The Age of Empires franchise has reached the 50 million players milestone. The last milestone was like 5 years ago when it was at 25 million sales. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 23 February 2024

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Victors and Vanquished expansion announced.

The first ever campaign focused expansion pack for the franchise. 19 Scenarios and will include full voice acting.

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition will be getting a new DLC in Late 2024 that will include 2 new civilizations. Poland and Denmark.