By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The new Dontnod game, Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden, got an 83 opencritic, their 2nd highest score as a studio after last year's Jusant. This one was made by the Vampyr team within the studio and has been in development for over 5 years since Vampyr released. 

Opencritic scores for their studio:

• Jusant- 84
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden- 83
  • Life is Strange 1- 81
  • Tell Me Why- 81
  • Harmony: Fall of Reverie- 79
  • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit- 78
  • Life is Strange 2- 76 
  • Vampyr- 72
  • Remember Me- 68 metacritic (opencritic didn't exist when it released)
  • Twin Mirror- 61
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 12 February 2024

Around the Network

Podcast format is interesting, it wasn't expected but it makes a lot of sense, if anyone doesn't watch Xbox Podcast it's basically pre-recorded for release every Thursday and it's in video format too, not only audio. It's good that all 3 of them are there and not just throwing Sarah under the bus as the original rumours stated, Lol. Phil/Sarah/Matt know each other well so it could end up being a fairly chill atmosphere.

Gives them time to waffle on in detail about their decisions too. It's also covering all 3 basis, Phil (business strategy change), Sarah (Game Pass + Hardware?) and Matt (Games). I'm not predicting anything but honestly a podcast format feels very...low-key/tame, for what is "apparently" industry shattering announcements ()

If this is just Sea of Thieves (6 year old GAAS port) and a bunch of smaller titles like Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Grounded, etc, then, Lol.

FYI Nate says he has heard that HFR for Switch was scrapped, Lmao. Not for PS5 though. Switch 2 only maybe?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 February 2024

I doubt I'll watch it live, will just look at the highlights afterward here in the thread to see what they announced.

Ryuu96 said:

Podcast format is interesting, it wasn't expected but it makes a lot of sense, if anyone doesn't watch Xbox Podcast it's basically pre-recorded for release every Thursday and it's in video format too, not only audio. It's good that all 3 of them are there and not just throwing Sarah under the bus as the original rumours stated, Lol. Phil/Sarah/Matt know each other well so it could end up being a fairly chill atmosphere.

Gives them time to waffle on in detail about their decisions too. It's also covering all 3 basis, Phil (business strategy change), Sarah (Game Pass + Hardware?) and Matt (Games). I'm not predicting anything but honestly a podcast format feels very...low-key/tame, for what is "apparently" industry shattering announcements ()

If this is just like Sea of Thieves, HFR, Pentiment, Grounded and a couple other smaller titles...

FYI Nate says he has heard that HFR for Switch was scrapped, Lmao. Not for PS5 though.

I don't think it would run well on Switch 1, the fact that the multiplat port is rumored for Q4 this year screams Switch 2 and PS5 ports to me, because Switch 2 will have released by that point, supposedly it will be announced in March and release in the Fall.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

If this is just like Sea of Thieves, HFR, Pentiment, Grounded and a couple other smaller titles...

FYI Nate says he has heard that HFR for Switch was scrapped, Lmao. Not for PS5 though.

I don't think it would run well on Switch 1, the fact that the multiplat port is rumored for Q4 this year screams Switch 2 and PS5 ports to me. 

Yeah, it's likely Switch 2 only, I bet they couldn't get a stable 60fps and that is kind of essential for this title.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

FYI Nate says he has heard that HFR for Switch was scrapped, Lmao. Not for PS5 though. Switch 2 only maybe?

Possible they couldn't get HFR to run well enough on the Switch, so it will launch for Switch 2. If what Nate is saying is true. But who really knows. We will find out what is going on in just a few days.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

While the lunar coil edtion in Halo Infinite looks nice it is still expensive.

The last thing any of them can say when it comes to games is case-by-case basis. The second they do, it doesn't matter what they say. There will always be a cloud of uncertainty with every game release going forward.

Lol

G2ThaUNiT said:

The last thing any of them can say when it comes to games is case-by-case basis. The second they do, it doesn't matter what they say. There will always be a cloud of uncertainty with every game release going forward.

Theres not much they could do unfortunatly. They could provide a set of rules under which a game can be considered for multiplateform release but I don't beleive they could do so without making said rule flexible so whatever they do I expect it will still pretty much be a case by case thing. But maybe they will also put some specific rumor down like Starfield. Gears of war?