By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:

Nate says there will still be Xbox exclusives. 

It sounds like a number of games are under consideration for multiplatform, perhaps even some surprising ones, but MS is not exiting the console business. 

Yeah, basically all that has leaked up to this point, outside of Hi-Fi Rush, has been under the terms "consideration" when it comes to potential multiplatform release. 

So everything has really been blown out of proportion to say the least lol. Gonna be a grueling week of endless speculation. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Nate says there will still be Xbox exclusives. 

It sounds like a number of games are under consideration for multiplatform, perhaps even some surprising ones, but MS is not exiting the console business. 

Yes but they won't be "exclusives" they will be exclusives*. Meaning they will all basically just be timed exclusives because if they don't sell well or do what Microsoft needs them to do they can just turn around and sell them on PlayStation to make up the short fall.

They will be Exclusive.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-will-share-more-details-about-the-vision-for-the-future-of-xbox-next-week.813255/page-78?post=118753812#post-118753812

You think something like Starfield is off the table now? Or Do you think the backlash has caused them to change some plans like Starfield going to Playstation?

Honestly, I couldn't even venture a guess. I've heard that the latter may have pushed them to change plans, but I can't verify that claim. My confidence remains with what I reported back in January.

I've been vocal on this forum and elsewhere that it was never going to be everything. Some took it to mean MS is leaving hardware... which they aren't.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-will-share-more-details-about-the-vision-for-the-future-of-xbox-next-week.813255/page-78?post=118753509#post-118753509

There is nothing to suggest MS is exiting the console business. Shift in strategy? Sure; but they'll be there alongside PS6 with new hardware to compete.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-game-studios-bethesda-abk-ot29-the-temple-of-doomers.807216/page-200?post=118654527#post-118654527

I was a little confused at the quoting at first, thought it was all Nate, Lol.

So Nate is saying they'll still be some exclusives, not even timed?

I mean, people may not like me saying this but I feel like it should be all or nothing on the messaging, as in saying everything will be timed exclusive, but Nate is saying some things won't be timed exclusive? There's really no way they can do "case by case" without everyone just assuming everything is timed exclusive.

I guess they'll be porting things that may have underperformed, are no longer pushing Xbox consoles, or are GAAS but that's not something they'll admit, they're not going to say "we'll only port games which flop" Lmao. So the messaging will be muddy and the only way for it to not be muddy is if everything is timed exclusive.

shikamaru317 said:

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I think that the next-gen Xbox basically just being a gaming PC running a special stripped down version of Windows, might be a good thing. As long as these Xbox consoles can run Steam as well as Microsoft's own PC store client, this Xbox hardware will have access to every game imaginable just about (save for Nintendo exclusives, and even then you may be able to install a Switch 2 emulator if you feel like breaking piracy laws), because Sony is putting everything on Steam, and I doubt they will pull their games from Steam when some of them are making alot of money there. Maybe Sony would try and pressure Valve to not allow Steam running on this stripped down version of Windows to run Sony games, but I doubt Valve would agree to that, and I doubt Sony would have a legal leg to stand on. They'd be forced to either allow these Xbox PC consoles to run their games, or go against making more profit on PC releases by going fully exclusive on PS6 again, possibly angering shareholders. 

See, this is what I was thinking.  If MS really want to upset the market, forget the closed Xbox console concept and build an open gamer box that allows you to play all PC games, including steam but have a very much stripped down version of windows that allow hardware upgrades to whatever you want, then allow all the PC manufacture to be able to bring out their own system and customized them however they want.  MS would of course license the stripped down windows to make some cash off of the sales but think about all the PC guys out there who would love a high powered PC where Windows isn't running a host of gunk and geared to totally take advantage of their high end cards.  I believe that would sell very well and it gives MS the diversity they really looking to achieve with ABK and Bethesda studios.  Hell if you could side load steam OS that would be a bonus like no other though I am sure MS probably would not be up for anything official like that.

This would allow MS to have a low cost/Mid and High End gaming system running their OS that also plays Sony games that come to PC.  It would be an extremely bold move but it might be the move they need to do if they really want to upset the current console ecosystem as it stands today.

MS needs to make the line clear; but it's far from all their games. MS will have exclusives. People need to stop pushing the narrative that Xbox will not house exclusives.

-

Imma cry, we're going to have "case by case" as the explanation

So hoorah for those who care, Microsoft will have exclusives that aren't timed exclusive, according to Nate, but nobody will believe Microsoft, haha.

NateDrake said:

I know of 2 additional games that are slated for release on other platforms that have not been reported anywhere -- unless I've missed a report naming them. I'd welcome an updated list, however, for reference.

Daramir said:

Its safe to assume everything will be ported.

NateDrake said:

It's not safe to assume that at all, as that's simply untrue. That was never the case nor was ever going to be the case.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

NateDrake said:

I know of 2 additional games that are slated for release on other platforms that have not been reported anywhere -- unless I've missed a report naming them. I'd welcome an updated list, however, for reference.

Daramir said:

NateDrake said:

It's not safe to assume that at all, as that's simply untrue. That was never the case nor was ever going to be the case.

Instead of naming specific games, Phil better name the types of games that will become multiplat! AA, GAAS, etc

It's maybe that all those "Microsoft were considering" rumours were junk and the vast majority of ports will be games which.

• Are no longer moving consoles.
  • Underperformed
  • Are GAAS.

Sea of Thieves fits #3 and that is one which is almost confirmed.

Hi-Fi Rush fits #1 and that is all but confirmed.

But shit like Gears of War/Starfield are all "considering" and never stated as actually coming.

I think one of the 2 additional games that Nate is talking about is Grounded, it makes the most sense, it could do with an extra player boost.

The other...Maybe Flight Simulator?

Ryuu96 said:

It's maybe that all those "Microsoft were considering" rumours were junk and the vast majority of ports will be games which.

• Underperformed
  • Are GAAS.

But shit like Gears of War/Starfield are all "considering" and never stated as actually coming.

I think one of the 2 additional games that Nate is talking about is Grounded, it makes the most sense, it could do with an extra player boost.

I was thinking Grounded along with Pentiment. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
Ryuu96 said:

NateDrake said:

Daramir said:

NateDrake said:

Instead of naming specific games, Phil better name the types of games that will become multiplat! AA, GAAS, etc

We gonna have port begging for every exclusive announced now, haha.

That's partly why I hoped everything would just be announced as timed exclusive.

You can't possibly say that "the games we'll bring will be ones which underperformed" but I suppose he could say "the ones we'll bring will be GAAS which would benefit largely from a new boost of players" or "they've outlived their console pushing power" but that is even if THAT is the criteria.

Instead it feels like we're going to get the usual "case by case"

Which okay it's fine, some will be permanently exclusive, some will be timed, but at this stage nobody will believe them on the permanent ones.

G2ThaUNiT said:
Ryuu96 said:

• Underperformed
  • Are GAAS.

I was thinking Grounded along with Pentiment. 

Actually yeah Pentiment would be a good call, Josh Sawyer already said he would like to see it on PS/Switch.