By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

One way or another, Microsoft games will come to other consoles. Maybe this year or later - That's for sure. Two friends have now bought a PlayStation (5) for the first time in their lives - because they are no longer satisfied with Microsoft. I'm happy about that because they now

enjoy perfect Japan-West-support and the amazing sony-exclusives day 1. Even a large part of Activision's workforce is committed to ensuring that the games also come to PlayStation. I find this great.

For me personally, xbox is dead - since xbox one and "always online" -.-

Around the Network

Actually this conversation just reminded me.

Idas, the resident M&A expert on ResetEra () believes that ABK titles won't come to Game Pass until after or the same time, they come to Ubisoft's Cloud Streaming service, which he believes will be before end of March because Microsoft has to report to the CMA about the implementation of their remedies before end of March. So it could be a case of them just wanting to align Game Pass/xCloud with Ubisoft's Cloud service instead of screwing Ubisoft and jumping ahead of them.

Zippy6 said:
Machiavellian said:

Still you keep assuming it only takes weeks to accomplish a task you have no real understanding on what it takes to accomplish.  Just because you believe something is easy does not mean it is.  As a developer most people who have no clue about development work believe simple stuff is easy because it appear simple but a lot of time depending on how the code is structured it could be really complex to accomplish.

I am not an expert on the matter but not completely unknowledgeable either. I have managed titles on steam so have some idea on the processes behind digital distribution. Adding a title that is currently available to purchase on Xbox to be included in their subscription should not be a long convoluted process. If it is their platform is incompetent.

But yes the reason is much more likely to be the process of getting the games ready on PC rather than console.

Its not just digital distribution.  My point is, without knowing the full process that it takes to put a game on GP, you cannot assume the time it takes to put it there.  It could take a day, a week or a month for each game, we really do not know because I am sure each game is different and the time is also different.  Not only that how many resources there are doing the process and how accomplish they are at doing the task.  There are so many variables when it comes to software that assuming how long it takes is a waste of time unless you have already done it yourself or know someone that has and could explain the whole process.

So no it has nothing to do with being incompetent, as we do not know who is doing the work and their level of knowledge and the steps that are required.  Just as an example, in my last job, a customer wanted me to add another text box to a form I was creating for them and they believe it should only take a few hours but it took a few days.  They were going on the fact that the last text box only took an hour to do.  The problem was that this particular text box required data from multiple different sources and the data did not come in the correct format so it needed to be formatted and even still the data some times came back invalid and we had to put a lot of logic behind that so we knew where to go to validate the data.  To the customer, it was just a simple text box but they had no clue what it took to populate that data correctly.

But where is Master Cheeks.

Ryuu96 said:

Idas, the resident M&A expert on ResetEra () believes that ABK titles won't come to Game Pass until after or the same time, they come to Ubisoft's Cloud Streaming service, which he believes will be before end of March because Microsoft has to report to the CMA about the implementation of their remedies before end of March. So it could be a case of them just wanting to align Game Pass/xCloud with Ubisoft's Cloud service instead of screwing Ubisoft and jumping ahead of them.

TBH I completely forgot that the Ubisoft cloud thing could impact it. Do Ubisoft themselves have control over whether the titles can be streamed on Xcloud or not? What I'm reading sounds pretty vague on the matter and that MS are only retaining cloud rights necessary to fulfill their obligations to services like geforcenow and boosteroid they made deals with.

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

One way or another, Microsoft games will come to other consoles. Maybe this year or later - That's for sure. Two friends have now bought a PlayStation (5) for the first time in their lives - because they are no longer satisfied with Microsoft. I'm happy about that because they now

enjoy perfect Japan-West-support and the amazing sony-exclusives day 1. Even a large part of Activision's workforce is committed to ensuring that the games also come to PlayStation. I find this great.

For me personally, xbox is dead - since xbox one and "always online" -.-

If they cared about perfect Japan - west support and Sony exclusives why it took them this long to get a PS5.  Just wondering because its not like this wasn't the case for a very long time on the Xbox.  In the big scheme of things, as long as they still get Xbox games, MS probably will still be happy 

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

TBH I completely forgot that the Ubisoft cloud thing could impact it. Do Ubisoft themselves have control over whether the titles can be streamed on Xcloud or not? What I'm reading sounds pretty vague on the matter and that MS are only retaining cloud rights necessary to fulfill their obligations to services like geforcenow and boosteroid they made deals with.

So did I Tbf.

And it wasn't something I even thought about until Idas mentioned it.

From my understanding...Ubisoft owns the licensing rights for ABK titles outside of the EU so Microsoft would have to ask Ubisoft for them back to stream them on xCloud outside of the EU but inside of the EU Microsoft can put them on xCloud whenever they like...I think.

But Microsoft's deals with companies such as GeForce Now/Boosteroid still stand, that's what it means by fulfilling their obligations to those streaming services, Ubisoft has a license outside the EU but it doesn't mean the deal MS previously made with other Cloud services is now dead.

Fucking mess.

Imagine the fucking balls on Ubisoft if MS asked for a license for ABK titles on xCloud outside the EU and Ubisoft was like.

Nice.

Sigh.

It's hilarious that after Jez's meltdown, he is calm all of a sudden and basically saying people are overreacting now, Lol.

Don't know if he heard their hardware plans or whatnot.

Tom has been very chill throughout.

It's best to just wait and see.