By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Just had a little chuckle imagining Ubisoft seeing Forza Horizon coming to PlayStation.

Least some of these games will get newfound respect, Sea of Thieves probably millions more players, imagine if they port it near Skull and Bones...Hi-Fi Rush deserves more players, as does Halo Infinite, the amount of work they've put into it and the incredible state it's in now, it's a travesty it isn't more popular right now, Lol.

I wonder if Ubisoft was planning on bringing Acti/Blizz cloud gaming to PlayStation, and now MS is potentially releasing all Acti/Blizz games natively on PlayStation. Poor Ubisoft can't catch a break.

Around the Network

Hmm. I'm just talking out loud here.

As I've said before, the main reason I stuck with Xbox ever since they started porting Xbox titles to PC on day one, was primarily a few things.

• Convenience - I like playing on my TV whilst having Discord and Browsers open on my PC by my side, I still want to be able to do that. 
  • Price - Not sure how much it will cost me overtime to upgrade my PC but I don't really care about having the absolute best graphics or framerate.
  • Lack of Knowledge - I know next to nothing about PC Gaming/Tech, I know nothing about upgrading my PC myself and have limited knowledge on the parts.

Having said that, I did buy a prebuilt/custom made PC back in 2021, the specs are the following...

Processor: Intel Core i5-10600K CPU, 6 Cores / 12 Threads, 4.1 - 4.8GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Graphics Card
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
Case Cooling: Quiet Cooling Fans Upgrade Pack
Motherboard: Asus TUF B460M-PLUS (WI-FI) Motherboard
Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory (2 x 16GB Sticks)
OS Drive: 500GB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
Secondary Hard Drive: Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 7200RPM Hard Disk
Power Supply: 600W 80+ PSU

As far as I know, my Xbox Series X is a lot more powerful in terms of graphical capability. From what I've been told, I would need to upgrade the Power Supply as well if I want to upgrade my GPU even further. Or I can just buy another prebuilt one but this time be more serious in picking out the parts with help from G2.

To illustrate how lacking in knowledge I am, I didn't realise in all the 3 years that I had this PC, that it wasn't actually plugged into my GeForce and the GeForce all that time wasn't in use, Lol. I had my display port plugged into my Intel GPU and my GeForce GPU was 3 years out of date, Lol.

I can work with the price though and I can actually educate myself on PC parts and stuff but I really don't like the idea of me going inside the PC to change parts or upgrade parts, I don't trust I won't fuck something up.

The reason I prefer Xbox over PlayStation

• The Games - I'm a bigger fan of Xbox IP over PlayStation IP, so I'd be happier waiting for PlayStation IP than I would be for Xbox IP coming to a platform.
  • Game Pass - I've not purchased a single physical game since Game Pass, even on Switch, I love it and don't want to lose it, I don't buy 1st party now either.
  • My Profile/Achievements - I don't really want to lose my achievement score, Lol.

I can take or leave my digital library, it doesn't bother me too much since I rarely replay my old games, I already got rid of most my old X360/Xbox One physical collection too, if there's a game I really want to keep though I'd rebuy it but it'd be few.

I could swap to PlayStation but I'd lose Game Pass, all my achievements and I'm unwilling to wait for timed exclusives. Now if Xbox released day one on PS, all I'd miss out on is Game Pass and Achievements. On the other hand, if I go to PC, I'll still have access to Game Pass and my Profile via Microsoft Store and day one Xbox IP.

I'd be able to get a decently powerful PC, alongside all that, I'd also have access to late ports of PlayStation IP via Steam, Lol.

The one downside, PC GP doesn't receive the same support as Xbox GP and I may miss out on some third parties, in which case, I'd have to buy them on Steam and start a new profile on Steam which is only for select 3rd parties whilst Game Pass will be for all 1st parties and whatever actually comes to GP PC.

PC also won't get GTA on day one but it's not worth ignoring it for a title which released once every 20 years /s.

Do I stick to Xbox until the end of the generation and see their future hardware plans, or do I switch to PC now and reap the benefits of Game Pass PC + Steam + Xbox IP + Sony IP. I think it would be pointless to switch now and instead I should wait this generation out? See what Xbox's next hardware plans are, then decide if I move to PC and by then, hopefully Windows Store will be further improved or they'll be some version of Game Pass on Steam, Lol.

Hmm. I'm having trouble deciding for myself, Lol.

Funny thing is I actually got a "gaming" PC to try out Steam but then never ended up using it for that. I don't want to lose Game Pass or my Achievements...But PC is enticing but I've heard horror stories about Windows Store.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 February 2024

My very first game console was an OG Xbox. I used to play halo with my dad. I made some of best friends on Xbox live, and I have so many great memories of the Xbox and Xbox 360.

You ever have a good friend that moved to the other side of the country? They said they’d keep in touch, and for a while they did, but they only come home once every few years and only for a few days at that. You tell yourself you are still friends but you know it’s not the same and it never again will be. That’s kind of what this news has felt like, if I am honest.

Funnily about caring about achievements is I don't give a shit about them at all on Nintendo, in fact, it's refreshing that Nintendo doesn't have achievements for me, once I used to try my damn hardest to 100% everything even if it put me through unnecessary stress and annoyance, Lmao. I chilled out with that as I got old but I still go for the 100% for games I like...or if they're just easy to 100% and 60% or 80% for everything else.

On the one hand, I do think achievements are fun for games which I'm actually enjoying and make me explore them more. Oh the other hand, I've actually in the past not played games because of their achievement lists, Lol. Again, I'm not as extreme as that today, but it's almost refreshing to just play a game on Switch and not have to think about any of that, once I'm done with the story I'm done and on to the next game, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 February 2024

aTokenYeti said:

My very first game console was an OG Xbox. I used to play halo with my dad. I made some of best friends on Xbox live, and I have so many great memories of the Xbox and Xbox 360.

You ever have a good friend that moved to the other side of the country? They said they’d keep in touch, and for a while they did, but they only come home once every few years and only for a few days at that. You tell yourself you are still friends but you know it’s not the same and it never again will be. That’s kind of what this news has felt like, if I am honest.

I'd trade my Xbox for life in exchange for a few of my old friends back, haha.

It's not the same but that doesn't mean it has to be bad u'know? Change is apart of life and we have to adapt to change, nothing stays the same forever but it doesn't mean the new thing is inherently bad. I don't know if you're speaking from experience but I think you can still be very good friends with someone long-distance as well.

Recently I tried to get in touch with 3 of my old friends and well, it didn't work. But I still have fond memories of them and I will always cherish those memories and they helped shape me into the person I am today, but I will also make new amazing memories and you will still make awesome gaming memories with Xbox IP, maybe on Xbox hardware, maybe elsewhere.

I kind of went on a detour with that one, this thread is becoming a therapy session.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 February 2024

Around the Network

You rushed out to buy next-gen at launch, patiently waited years for Xbox to deliver on any of their promises only to get here and realise they aren't delivering much of anything. Now you can't even wait a week just to see how bad the situation actually is, and want to rush out and build an expensive PC to start a new future there. For now and at least till the end of this gen, Series X will still offer you most of want you apparently want, so why are you already so keen to abandon it?

I'm frustrated at myself that I was patient for most of this gen, had originally planned to not buy next-gen right to this point as P3Reload was the last big cross-gen release I wanted (and until Dragon's Dogma 2 there's no next-gen only titles I've badly needed), but lost patience and chose to dive for the Series X before they increased the retail price late last year. So I just have to wear that decision.

But I'm also not about to suddenly lose all perspective and starting mapping out my whole future post-Xbox. At least for now it still serves some purpose and use. Later in the year I'll probably have a look at PS5 slim prices, PC part prices, and maybe there'll also start to be some news about a PS5 pro or the Switch 2. The lesson people should be learning is that there's usually more benefit to waiting and seeing what products will come out and actually serve your best interest at that immediate point in time, rather than investing in products based on hope and promises.

Xbox will still be releasing all those games they've shown this year, so nothing has really changed there. You still get to play those eventually and can finally feel like this generation delivered on something, hopefully. Then if you want to look for greener pastures afterwards there'll be more and better options at that point in time.

Me all day trying to avoid the infected people in the house.

Might have to put Yakuza on hold damnit. Everyone has the nastiest ass cough and I might be next

Ryuu96 said:
PotentHerbs said:

How would you guys feel if Microsoft launched their next console after the PS6 but it was a significantly higher spec console?

I'm a bit intimidated by building my own PC and maintaining it so I think I'd be okay with a suped up Xbox console which did all that work for me, Lol.

My knowledge with PC is next to zero, my pal G2 today informed me that my display port wasn't actually plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GPU.

I've had this PC for 3 years...My GeForce GPU was inactive for 3 years...All this time plugged into the Intel GPU

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm a bit intimidated by building my own PC and maintaining it so I think I'd be okay with a suped up Xbox console which did all that work for me, Lol.

My knowledge with PC is next to zero, my pal G2 today informed me that my display port wasn't actually plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GPU.

I've had this PC for 3 years...My GeForce GPU was inactive for 3 years...All this time plugged into the Intel GPU

Bro, I didn't even know it had a port in the GPU to connect the damn thing to my monitor, Lol.

Look, I'm a quick learner but the thing is, I haven't bothered learning, I bought a gaming PC but never used it for gaming, Lmao.

Then the fans weren't spinning on the GPU so we had a little concern but they span as soon as I booted up Minecraft on Windows.

This must have been my GPU after I plugged it in.