By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zippy6 said:

I think if Xbox are going to release their hands on PlayStation and if they are going to keep making Xbox Hardware (both seems to be the case) then differentiating their hardware from Sony's is the only way to have a real place in the market.

Giving the people the option of cheaper lower spec hardware and more expensive higher spec hardware. The only way I really see them offering something of value is to give people the power/price point they want if the PS6 doesn't.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Although I think they should avoid the low end, more affordable model, and go all in on a more expensive, higher spec hardware. 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
Zippy6 said:

I think if Xbox are going to release their hands on PlayStation and if they are going to keep making Xbox Hardware (both seems to be the case) then differentiating their hardware from Sony's is the only way to have a real place in the market.

Giving the people the option of cheaper lower spec hardware and more expensive higher spec hardware. The only way I really see them offering something of value is to give people the power/price point they want if the PS6 doesn't.

That's what I'm thinking too.

Although I think they should avoid the low end, more affordable model, and go all in on a more expensive, higher spec hardware. 

They could do a slightly lower end console. Not to the level of the Series S, but something a bit weaker than the PS6 for $100 cheaper and have a more expensive console that is more powerful than the PS6. Ie. PS6 is $500, Xbox Series S2 is $400 and Xbox Series X2 is $600/$700.

Plus I think a portable Xbox/Windows device similar to the Steam Deck would be nice to see. Have it work similar to the Steam Deck where games are verified to run well enough on it, while non-verified games are play at your own risk.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

PotentHerbs said:

How would you guys feel if Microsoft launched their next console after the PS6 but it was a significantly higher spec console?

It wouldn't matter, it would just get a lazy dumbed down port of the PS6 version.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Xbox makes the suped up high end console.

OEM makes handheld versions.

Wonder what their decision was on moving to ARM.

Ryuu96 said:

A portable Windows/Xbox similar to the Steam Deck would be a great idea. Even if it doesn't sell tens of millions. Microsoft does still has the Surface line of tablets. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Maybe I'm just getting to old for this but I don't care that much about high end graphics. I'm having a blast with Mario Wonder and Shredders Revenge. If it runs well and it is fun to play, sign me up.

I also hope Xbox keeps releasing some smaller scale games in the future... please make Hydro Thunder 2 happen.

Ryuu96 said:

That tweet is definitely confirming it, business update says it all.

I still think this was a decision made last Holiday, I also believe still it comes from Microsoft, in the emails Phil was all in on exclusivity and out of nowhere decided to make all Zenimax titles exclusive to what looked like the annoyance of his CFO, Lmao.

Plus if it was long term, they simply would have told the FTC/CMA...Or the FTC/CMA would have found it out when they gathered thousands of emails from Microsoft. So it's very evident that this decision was made Holiday 2023. Something broke, I'm curious what it was. Probably after ABK the number crunchers came in since Xbox has big responsibilities on its shoulders now.

I have seen a user on Neogaf copy and paste posts from this thread as if they were their own, posts from three different users on here now lol. They just copied this post. Very weird. 😂

I thought it was @Machiavellian account on Neogaf first as that's the one I saw them copy first a few weeks ago. Then yesterday I saw them copy a post from @EspadaGrim and now yours. Well I guess the posts in this thread are just that good they pretend it's their own words.

I don't want to start shit if it is someone in here's account but it's pretty weird and funny.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

A portable Windows/Xbox similar to the Steam Deck would be a great idea. Even if it doesn't sell tens of millions. Microsoft does still has the Surface line of tablets. 

I'd buy a Steam Deck if it had official Windows support + Game Pass/Xbox Profile Tbh.

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

I'd buy a Steam Deck if it had official Windows support + Game Pass/Xbox Profile Tbh.

If I traveled more I would be very tempted to buy one as well. But I have no need for one right now. 

PixelPirate said:

Maybe I'm just getting to old for this but I don't care that much about high end graphics. I'm having a blast with Mario Wonder and Shredders Revenge. If it runs well and it is fun to play, sign me up.

I also hope Xbox keeps releasing some smaller scale games in the future... please make Hydro Thunder 2 happen.

Same. If I change to PC then I won't go with the absolute most powerful.

Switch has the most interesting hardware by far of the 3, Xbox/Sony just boring "moderately more powerful"

Also despite me loving achievements, I find a old fashioned comfort in Switch not having achievements, Lol.