By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If the next consoles are digital only, then I'll be hanging up my Playstation and Xbox shoes and just wear my Mario hat.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

1.8m...It's going to beat CS2 today...

Ryuu96 said:

1.8m...It's going to beat CS2 today...

Biggest PC game of the year is already decided lol.

Lmao.

This is fucking insane for a weekday.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 January 2024

It's undeniable this is resonating with players despite the Twitter rage around it, it is exploding WW. Gaining 200k+ per day and it's the fucking weekday, Lmao. Plus the Steam reviews show how well the game is being received, I think this could start a race amongst developers to chase after this sort of genre (taming/capturing creatures in survival setting) even when the game has a huge drop in players and that's going to be fine, they've already made their money back tenfold, it will drop significantly eventually but can still be very successful even after that inevitable drop.

Fucking crazy numbers we're seeing right now though, the peaks aren't meant to happen on a weekday 😭😂

Around the Network

It's also 100% going to be the 2nd only game to ever reach 2m+ on Steam...

Dare we dream...Can it beat PUBG? Lmao.

Ryuu96 said:

Lmao.

Palworld will basically make as much revenue in it's first 7 days as Sony purchased Insomniac for. That's a funny thought. How these no-name developers, of questionable competence judging by some of the development stories, released a game with a budget of less than $7m and now have ungodly amounts of money.

Running the numbers and the tiered steam cuts... at 7 million sold it would be:

Revenue - $189 Million
Steam Cut - $41 Million
Pocket Pair - $148 Million

So after the $7m budget that's $141m profit lol.

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lmao.

Palworld will basically make as much revenue in it's first 7 days as Sony purchased Insomniac for. That's a funny thought. How these no-name developers, of questionable competence judging by some of the development stories, released a game with a budget of less than $7m and now have ungodly amounts of money.

Running the numbers and the tiered steam cuts... at 7 million sold it would be:

Revenue - $189 Million
Steam Cut - $41 Million
Pocket Pair - $148 Million

So after the $7m budget that's $141m profit lol.

This is going to be like when someone wins the lottery, Lol.

Mnementh said:
jason1637 said:

Just heard about Palsworld. Its on game pass so gonna check out what the hype is

Be aware that the Xbox version (and apparently also the Gamepass on Windows version) is crashing and buggy. Steam version has more patches. I hope the patches will arrive on Xbox soon, because... the game is fun in between crashes.

I would not get my hopes up any time soon for Palworld on Xbox.  The new update hit yesterday and its worse now.  Instead of the game crashing to the menu which is a pain but at least it did not lose you anything, now it crashes the Xbox where it turns off which is something I never like in a game.  I am moving on from it until I see more updates that addresses these crashes.

I wonder how much Microsoft paid for Craftopia and Palworld in Game Pass, Lol.