By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

T-Minus 6hrs 42 minutes

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

These are the titles I believe are going to be the largest system sellers boosting the console sales closer to where many anticipated this generation's sales to be.

Perfect Dark
Indiana Jones
State of Decay 3
The Gears Collection
Gears 6
Avowed
Fable
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Remake (will be huge)

Elder Scrolls VI need to be a launch title for the next generation console.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Avowed will be interesting because no Obsidian title has really reached huge sales aside from New Vegas but that's thanks to the Fallout IP, I think it will be a modest success but not a major one, it'll appeal to the Obsidian fans and also draw in some other RPG fans but not on a huge scale. Obsidian is a beloved studio but mostly by those who follow gaming news closely.

I think Fable will definitely be the best selling RPG of the Xbox IP in development aside from Fallout and Elder Scrolls entries, from the makers of Forza Horizon, Playground/Forza Horizon have hit mainstream attention a few Horizon's ago and Fable is obviously a recognised IP, if Fable hits critically between 85+ then I think it could be quite big even if it doesn't necessarily play like Fable 1-3.

I would add on Forza Horizon 6 because it will be the first next-gen only Forza Horizon, Forza Horizon 5 was on Xbox One.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2024

coolbeans said:
Machiavellian said:

Why would MS Japan even be involved since this games sale pretty much better in the west.  Hell, the PS5 isn't even sell all that great in Japan so I doubt that would be the discussion.  If anything everything probably just hinges on the deal Square has made with Sony and Square future deals with Sony.  Sony is the 800 pound gorilla and all Japanese publishers and developers first consult with them before doing anything Xbox/MS related.

That's not what I was talking about.  I didn't mean Xbox Japan only relaying Japan-centric numbers.  I just meant that 'field office' doing the work to convince SE the deal's worth it with overall stats and whatnot.

My bag, yeah you are correct the field office would be more involved with handling square especially since they hired that woman with all the contacts.

Around the Network

DroidKnight said:

These are the titles I believe are going to be the largest system sellers boosting the console sales closer to where many anticipated this generation's sales to be.

Perfect Dark
Indiana Jones
State of Decay 3
The Gears Collection
Gears 6
Avowed
Fable
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Remake (will be huge)

Elder Scrolls VI need to be a launch title for the next generation console.

Starfield will be huge...... and since its release Xbox has the worst sales since early xbox one? 

Based on what is said before an Oblivion Remake would probably be multiplatform and I think a Remake is probably going to get butchered by Bethesda
We will probably get better graphics, some extra stuff and the promise that the creation club addition will be great but honestly will get fans mad.

Off topic,  Do you guys think we will see MS pushing ABK games to be only digital? So the next spyro,Crash, Call of duty and so on will not get a physical release?

Making it only digital will push the digital Market share and that's in favor for MS, while releasing physical will only push PS sales up (considering in many regions they are giving up on Xbox physical software in stores and only seeing the PS physical version will push store visitors to buying a PS console.)

Edit: Palword could be sleeper hit.

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 18 January 2024