By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Even a huge discount didnt really do much for Xbox in UK. Still 3rd in sales. Will probably be even worse in Europe. Do we keep pretending everything is going great?

US sales might be good though.

Around the Network
PixelPirate said:

Even a huge discount didnt really do much for Xbox in UK. Still 3rd in sales. Will probably be even worse in Europe. Do we keep pretending everything is going great?

But ReCoRdd BreAkiNg RevUnuE!! Bro. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

PixelPirate said:

That depends on what you define as great. For me, it has very little implication, and it is taking 1 key metric way too much in isolation to mean anything regarding the bigger picture.

You have to remember the Xbox brand is also carried with pretty much every laptop and PC that has a solid APU or low-end GPU and even most PC handhelds nowadays.

Some see the decrease in pure Xbox sales as a sign the brand is faltering but I see the growth in MAU despite a lessening in pure Xbox sales as a sign a greater pool of consumer likes not being bound to a specific box and using whatever way they see fit to play.

And now there are also rumours of Sea of Thieves and Hifi Rush ending up on PS5. If that happens, well fack it. No need to buy Xbox hardware anymore. Will just use my ps5 and switch.

PixelPirate said:

And now there are also rumours of Sea of Thieves and Hifi Rush ending up on PS5. If that happens, well fack it. No need to buy Xbox hardware anymore. Will just use my ps5 and switch.

If the rumors are true, it would be only AA games and their biggest live service which lives and dies on a healthy playerbase that they could be looking to expand on. 

It could be that just the AAA games are permanently exclusive, but even that will always cause doubt if these rumors do turn out to be true. 

Around the Network

Jeff Grubb is reporting that Sea Of Thieves may be coming to PS and Nintendo

Personally, I would be thrilled if that were the case, given that it’s a multiplayer only title and essentially a service game. So long as the online remained multi platform it would really supercharge that game’s playerbase

This is most likely the road we're heading. Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment being on the left, along with As Dusk Falls next month with all 3 being part of the niche audience, and Sea of Thieves being on the right with mass market audience.

Why not at least try turning the ship around for a year or two with all these aquisitions..... this is truly the only platform having these rumours and L's every now and then.

Yeahhhhhh, definitely not buying anymore xbox consoles after this gen. PC it is, and maybe PS/Switch2

'May' It can also be clickbait but their is more going on, I hope they come out soon with the news.