By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spade said:

Has anyone's opinion of Starfield changed? I feel bad for even liking it now lmao. All I see are a bunch of trolls trashing it, most disappointing game of 2023 (dumb as fuck, give me a break).

Probably my fave bethesda game (only played Fallout 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim though). Gave it a 9.7.10, but I never thought the game was going to be no man's sky or total exploration.

Did you like Starfield?? thoughts?

I still haven't played my copy yet,  but I'm thinking about burning it up and tossing it out with the garbage after hearing how bad it is.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Spade said:

Has anyone's opinion of Starfield changed? I feel bad for even liking it now lmao. All I see are a bunch of trolls trashing it, most disappointing game of 2023 (dumb as fuck, give me a break).

Probably my fave bethesda game (only played Fallout 4, Oblivion, and Skyrim though). Gave it a 9.7.10, but I never thought the game was going to be no man's sky or total exploration.

Lol. No. I don't give a fuck what others say. Don't let others make you feel bad for liking it (or any game) and beside that it has clearly been a huge success in multiple metrics including that 40 hour average playtime which tells a different story to the "LOL NOBODY LIKED STARFIELD THEY ALL DROPPED IT AFTER 5 MINUTES"

I still didn't actually post my full Starfield review but I reckon I'd have it around 9/10 and I'll be returning to it for all the DLC.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 December 2023

Spade said:

There’s a few areas that I feel the game fell short massively. The space sections where irrelevant, loadings screens where excessive and the game felt outdated. I played Fallout 3 after it and like .. it still has similar mechanics like for example the wait system being outdated and slow. I feel like Bethesda cant take criticism. Fallout 4 felt outdated and it feels like they ignored every single bit of criticism, it’s even more apparent with them going after steam reviews and that pissy writer on twitter crying (which is weird coz the writing was the best part easily) … I love Bethy and their games but the industry has moved on from Skyrim, it’s about time Bethesda do too. But writing was superb in this game, their best yet by a mile and overall the game was decent. 

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 20 December 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Eh the responding to Steam reviews was blown out of proportion (like all things Bethy), I even saw at the time developers coming to Bethesda's defence on this one and being like "hold on a minute, it's common for developers to respond to Steam reviews and try to convince people to give their games another shot" but Bethesda got mocked fucking hard for the simple act of responding to reviews (regardless of the content of the response)

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 20 December 2023

Around the Network

1.6m completed? Not bad for a game as long as Starfield!

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Starfield is my 2nd favorite game this year with Alan Wake 2 as my Game of the Year.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Could be confirmation but could also be his individual wishlist, but the CEO of Nightdive tweeted that they’re receiving the source code for their next game. I replied asking if it was Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament and he liked the reply.

Quake 3 certainly makes the most obvious sense considering they’ve already remastered the first 2 games in the series, but man would it be amazing to get an Unreal Tournament remaster!!!! One can hope though.

Credit to Bananas on ResetEra.

Current Structure

Structure After March