2. Minecraft Legends
  3. Planet of Lana
  4. Starfield
  5. Cocoon
  1. HiFi Rush (just around 1 hour)
  2. Cocoon (1000G)
  3. Persona 5 Tactica (1000G)

Around the Network

Regarding last post. Beat Persona 5 Tactica yesterday. It turned out to be better than I expected. It has quite a slow start and story doesn't make much sense initially, but it gets a lot better once you get past first kingdom. On gameplay side, it's good despite some missing opportunities of this being a "Persona" game IMO. And I also found the game super easy even on hard difficulty. There is only two side quest missions in this game which have at least some challenge and that's only because side quests here are specific missions which are tailored to be beaten with certain strategy and you need to find out. Another unnecessary thing IMO is NG+ exclusive personas which require second run for 1000G. I don't think this game has a good replayability like mainline Persona games so it was kinda strange that they did this.

Gamepass is so awesome. Let's me play games I wouldn't have purchased and be blown away by them. Hi Fi Rush and Sea of Stars were stunning games.

Hopefully in Q1 we get a Developer Direct, at least one exclusive released (I don't think they'll be an AAA one), Activision-Blizzard roundtable discussion with leaders after Bobby fucks off with changes detailed, Activision-Blizzard content launching into Game Pass and a permanent price cut to Xbox Series X/S. Could be quite a busy Q1 for them.

Honestly COD in Game Pass is worth running ads for.

Edit - Also, I imagine we'll hear something about ABK back in China soon, I expect it to be Tencent.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 December 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Hopefully in Q1 we get a Developer Direct, at least one exclusive released (I don't think they'll be an AAA one), Activision-Blizzard roundtable discussion with leaders after Bobby fucks off with changes detailed, Activision-Blizzard content launching into Game Pass and a permanent price cut to Xbox Series X/S. Could be quite a busy Q1 for them.

Edit - Also, I imagine we'll hear something about ABK back in China soon, I expect it to be Tencent.

Don't worry, that's what Xbox fans are used to

Other than the permanent price cut, which would be a huge boost if they actually did, that's about in line with what I'm expecting to go down! Kotick is such a PR nightmare. I doubt they would want to do a roundtable with him still around. Especially with only 2 weeks left for the ol boy.

Hopefully at the roundtable when Mike Ybarra starts talking about how amazing Blizzard is and negates (again) StarCraft, Phil will properly correct him

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

All of these could be awesome.

But I trully hope they don't annouce going full 3rd party with port like Sea Of Thieves / Halo and ABK Games.

Not because I don't want PS users to not enjoy these, but because I think it will simply kill the hardware. Furthermore it will be very strange from them to do that just after finalizing ABK deal and don't even use it for a year, at least.

I think I'm the pessimist guy of this topic or just too naive to believe all the things I read from internet (especially Twitter)

Last edited by NightF0x73 - on 19 December 2023

Those Sony leaks are insane, Spider-Man 2 cost over 300 million to make and Miles Morales which is basically DLC with reused assets cost 100 million to make. Their budgets are way too high Imo, we already know that God of War and Horizon cost over 200 million thanks to the FTC leak.

I doubt that many of the XGS games reach that high outside of Halo and Gears.

Also after looking at the Marvel revenue spilt between them and Sony, I can see why MS doesn't want to do licensed games, 9-18% of net sales digital, 19-26% physical & dlc, 35-50% console bundles (assuming this means the entire bundle cost not just the game).

1 game for the first quarter would be sad should be atleast a handfull by now(including remasters and third party).

@EspadaGrim, budgets aren't way to high for what it delivers, Starfield cost the same...but I guess I understand if you thought it was made cheaper based on graphics and performance.

konnichiwa said:

1 game for the first quarter would be sad should be atleast a handfull by now(including remasters and third party).

@EspadaGrim, budgets aren't way to high for what it delivers, Starfield cost the same...but I guess I understand if you thought it was made cheaper based on graphics and performance.

I expect the bigger games to cost that much (I assume that Fable and Perfect Dark are closer to that 200 million figure idk about Hellblade 2)  and I don't judge budgets based solely on graphics, Alan Wake 2 cost less than 100 million to make with the same quality of some of the best Sony 1st party games.