By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

I'm not a full believer in Team2026 yet but...

• Switch 2 - 2024
  • Xbox Series 2 - 2026
  • PS6 - 2028

That'd make some hype years

Entirely possible, but Microsoft has been stating they believe the next-gen Xbox and PS6 will launch in 2028. I could see 2027 to beat out Sony by a year like they did with the Xbox 360. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm not a full believer in Team2026 yet but...

• Switch 2 - 2024
  • Xbox Series 2 - 2026
  • PS6 - 2028

That'd make some hype years

Entirely possible, but Microsoft has been stating they believe the next-gen Xbox and PS6 will launch in 2028. I could see 2027 to beat out Sony by a year like they did with the Xbox 360. 

I'd be interested in re-reading the exact wording of what they said during the court trials now.

I do remember them saying something like that but wording could leave them open to changing that.

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

I'd be interested in re-reading the exact wording of what they said during the court trials now.

I do remember them saying something like that but wording could leave them open to changing that.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/457614/microsoft-expects-next-generation-of-consoles-to-launch-in-2028/

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/458493/microsoft-targeted-2028-release-for-next-generation-xbox/

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Also I'm 99% sure GTA 6 will be delayed into 2026 so it would be perfect to get a really powerful Xbox just in time for that, even with Sony having marketing.

trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/457614/microsoft-expects-next-generation-of-consoles-to-launch-in-2028/

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/458493/microsoft-targeted-2028-release-for-next-generation-xbox/

So the 2nd is as of Spring 2022.

The 1st is more concrete.

“This term would in any case go beyond the expected starting period of the next generation of consoles (in 2028),” Microsoft said. “Thus, Call of Duty will be published on successor PlayStation consoles should one be released during the term of the agreement. The agreement also would ensure that Call of Duty console games are offered on PlayStation at parity with Xbox.”

But could they just be referring to PlayStation here? And could "expected" be open to interpretation? Not a definitive "yes they will" I think I'm leaning towards 2028 based on the court documents and statements but if something changed it looks like it would have had to have changed in 2023...What would cause them to change their mind in 2023.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 December 2023

Around the Network

Discounts seem to have reached the Netherlands. Also bought a Series S for the kids. €200,-

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:

So the 2nd is as of Spring 2022.

The 1st is more concrete.

“This term would in any case go beyond the expected starting period of the next generation of consoles (in 2028),” Microsoft said. “Thus, Call of Duty will be published on successor PlayStation consoles should one be released during the term of the agreement. The agreement also would ensure that Call of Duty console games are offered on PlayStation at parity with Xbox.”

But could they just be referring to PlayStation here? And could "expected" be open to interpretation? Not a definitive "yes they will" I think I'm leaning towards 2028 based on the court documents and statements but if something changed it looks like it would have had to have changed in 2023...What would cause them to change their mind in 2023.

I'm confident they are referring to Activision's next-gen speculations here. I definitely remember Bobby Kotick at one point speculating on how long this generation would last and stating he believed we would see new Xbox and PS hardware in 2028. Just because Bobby believed it at the time doesn't mean that plans can't change. It makes perfect sense for Xbox to pull an Xbox 360 and get an early headstart on next-gen sales, it is their best hope at this point since Xbox Series just isn't selling all that well. 

I think we can safely toss out alot of what leaked out from the ABK lawsuit as heavily outdated now. This Bethesda roadmap is looking like it was largely bunk now that we know Doom Year One and Dishonored 3 aren't happening:

Likewise the AMD leaker is suggesting that he's not seeing any evidence of a chipset for Brooklin in AMD's databases, this slide says that Brooklin will use a 6nm die shrink of the Series X chipset but he sees no 6nm Xbox chip in the database, so it seems like Brooklin was cancelled after this slide was made:

With those both seeming very outdated, I see no reason to believe the slides about the next gen Xbox from the ABK trial are any less outdated:

Spencer himself stated that the documents and slides from the ABK leak were outdated and that many plans have evolved since then. The most recent info we have  about Xbox's future hardware plans is not these ABK case docs and slides, it is reliable AMD database leaker Kepler suggesting that he is seeing an AMD chipset for an Xbox console which will be ready for a 2026 release that seems too powerful for a Pro console, as well as Spencer himself shooting down the idea of Series X Pro earlier this year. It definitely seems like a possibility that Xbox is now aiming for an early start to next-gen. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 December 2023

Damn, AoE has had some bomb expansions before! Love to see it